What the heck is this place?? When in doubt... Ask OFC!

NAW

I am sure most of us have driven by this building on the 401, west of T.O. What the heck is this place? From what I can tell, it is some sort of Rad / or cooling system. Maybe a big geothermal cooling system for something???? IMG_0149_zpsdc62da59.jpg IMG_0151_zps2dc32c6d.jpg IMG_0153_zps0de8f752.jpg Anybody?

Edited by N.A.W

You will notice that there is a large sign, facing the highway, that says HALTON HILLS (in your final picture). That makes it all clear. Obviously the Township of Halton Hills has decided to save money on politicians wages, and simply install a large hot air generator.

I am assuming it has something to do with cooling. Pulls air up from underneath, and blows it up thru some sort of Rad. It looks like big fans on the bottom side of the suspended part of the building.

I'm sure one could Google search the construction plans for a natural gas power plant.

It cost us tax pay over a billion dollars to cancel the construction of two of those plants... at that price, they should be handing out beverages and meals to all of us!

Can you imagine what the MNR could do with a billion dollars added to their budget? Instead, we get two holes in the ground and we get to start all over building two facilities somewhere else... oh, wait a minute, it appears that the OEB don't "think" we need them anymore as Ontario's consumption rate has dropped considerably since the idea was first floated. I wonder how that happened? Oh I remember, we lost tons of manufacturing jobs since 2008 and folks working at the drive through don't need as much energy as a manufacturing plant!

So, one BILLION dollars and counting... Thanks Dalton!

HH

Edited by Headhunter