NF - Escape Hybrid

If your doing a lot of highway driving, the hybrid wont save you any money.. At high speeds the gas engine is the primary motivator, so the hybrid components just add up to more maintenance..

And I sure wish my Heep liberty would get 25 mpg!!

If your doing a lot of highway driving, the hybrid wont save you any money.. At high speeds the gas engine is the primary motivator, so the hybrid components just add up to more maintenance..

And I sure wish my Heep liberty would get 25 mpg!!

Well my Liberty on my last long road trip averaged just under 30 mpg.....in town driving is another matter!

Driving style will dictate the mileage, I average 90 or so kms an hour on the hiway and can get 25 mpg all day I am guessing the ones that get the lousy mpg are the guys passing me going 120 kmh.

Well my Liberty on my last long road trip averaged just under 30 mpg.....in town driving is another matter!

Driving style will dictate the mileage, I average 90 or so kms an hour on the hiway and can get 25 mpg all day I am guessing the ones that get the lousy mpg are the guys passing me going 120 kmh.

it really is amazing the difference 10-20km/hr makes on your fuel bill and each vehicle seems to have a sweet spot in terms of speed vs fuel economy. i get 21mpg on the hwy in my v8 grand cherokee if i keep it under 110 and drive smooth and this is with not-so-fuel-economy-friendly all-terrain tires.

Edited by Raf

My bro in law has the hybrid. Its great on fuel. He averages 7 litres on 100 km. But he does constantly complain it doesn't have the power when going up hills and passing. Also the escapes have a known problem for randomly stalling. Look it up on Google. It happened to him. Had to wait 20 mins and it would start again. But would stall shortly after. I read an article about a month ago that ford isconsidering recalling all 2009 and above for this problem. I would do some research before jumping in.

Good luck.

there was a sale on the newer ones in the paper last week for around $19k. they were 2wd but I think they have traction control on the rear wheels. The financing on a 2008 is 5 years and on a new one I think it's 7 years.hope this helps

Whoever it was that said the subaru's can't pull hasn't driven one! Mine pulls my 16ft deep and wide starcraft with a 40 tiller, bowmount, 2 deep cycles, and all the gear from ice out till sept, then from sept till ice up, I haul the boat plus 6 dozen decoys and all the rest of the gear in it,no problem. I tour all over the place with it a couple times a week. I also have more torque and HP than the escape.

Sorry this has nothing to do with the escape, but you can't go wrong with a forester for what your looking at!

My hunting partner just traded in his escape because of never ending problems. My forester hauled his 16 lund fury home for him when it left him stranded on the side of the road.

Don't knock it till you try it, and if you don't know, don't speak!

I've put 260k on the forester, and I tow a lot, carry two kids and a 100lb lab all over the place. I also have a 6x10 landscape trailer I drag around weekly. No problem, tons of power, great brakes, and super reliability.

Ask anyone who has one!

I don't get excellent mileage, but a bit better than the escape with the 6, but I'm turning 4 wheelss all the time.

S.

Hey guys,

This is all great info - thanks so much for taking the time to help me out! I have to wait to pull the trigger on something until I talk with my bank... Even though I spent $1000 on gas for the Durango this month the bank doesn't see a "car payment". If I end up with a $160 a month payment for a used car that will save me money in the long run, it still might hurt me with regards to getting my mortage approved for the next house. I'll be saving money over all, but the bank doesn't see it that way.

Until then I'll do some test driving! haha

Thanks again!

Ryan