GIGANTIC Jumbo's Now!

Slayingm

This winter has been a total blessing with not only awesome ice conditions but some of the best and consistent fishing action all season long. From fun fishing and guide trips on various northern lakes to the world-class fishing on Simcoe this past weekend was no exception! With guests from Michigan the target species was Jumbo Perch and man did we hit not only numbers but best some of the biggest 'Yellows' of the season. The incredible details and accuracy of Marcums LX-5 flasher and new LX-9 sonar and underwater viewing system made finding the right structure and catching fish easy. We targeted hard bottom area's in 20 to 25ft of water where these Tank Perch were forging on 2" Gobies, crayfish and minnnows.

With the snow melting off the lake and added light penetration the bite was light and key was to drop down to 2lb fluorocarbon leaders to maximize lures action with maintaining zero line visibility.

BlueFox flash spoons and UV Jigging Raps tipped with Wax worms completed the successful setup. The key to catching throughout the day was watching how the fish reacted to be triggered with various snaps and pauses of the lures and working various depths to find that most productive pattern(s) as the day progressed.

At the end of the day Big Smiles, tanned faces and Monster Jumbo's was the reward.

With flowing rivers and eroding shorelines the upcoming days please be extra safe if you decide to head out before the hardwater season ends.
MitchMePerch_zps02357e2a.jpg

20130316_115515_1_zpsf67409de.jpg

LX9e_zpsa7bd3b5a.jpg

Be safe and Good Fish'n... G.

I think i'll have to make one last trip to my gilford spot that has similar depth. Thanks for the light line tips.

Might try Sunday. My sons novice hockey is over after this Saturdays championship, that means more weekend fishing time! Watch out for Team 6 now!

I think i'll have to make one last trip to my gilford spot that has similar depth. Thanks for the light line tips.

Might try Sunday. My sons novice hockey is over after this Saturdays championship, that means more weekend fishing time! Watch out for Team 6 now!

I had 2 kids play rep hockey til there were 17 (Major Miget) and seemed like I lived in rinks across the province for years! lol

Good luck when you head out... still lots of great ice and action to be had out there for sure.

Good Fish'n... Greg.