Simcoe ice info ???

iFish4real

Was out on the laker grounds north of georgina island yesterday and the pressure cracks were huge and shifting so watch yourself around any of those, but the ice with solid, at least 12" of clear black ice with a couple inches of white stuff on top.

I wasn't out by BBP though so I am just adding this as a general report from simcoe ice..... btw I got skunked again for lakers on simcoe... boo

I will be on Simcoe tomorrow. I did a drive by on the way home from Midland today to check the access. I have gone out of Oro line 2 in the past but checked out line 4 and 7. Lots of guys out all over in ATV and snowmobile. Could see a large pressure crack out from line 4 (over towards BBP). A couple trucks out off of line 7.

The only areas you need to watch are the cracks and the shoreline right now, still lots of ice out there.

Burt :)

Edited by Burtess

Ice thickness out of Oro 4 was about 11" black ice + 3" white on top today. Some cars and vans out. I think the sunny day did not have as much impact on the ice because of the shielding effect of the heavy fog that finally lifted around 1pm.

Oh yeah...... one herring for our efforts lol....

Burt :)

I walked out from the 6th line on Friday was lots of ice and a big crack near shore I climbed over. I walked and drilled looking for whities and maybe a trout for some fun but nada, just dink Perch. Got out as far as 80FOW nothing but small Perch. Thats 3 trips now without any fish, upside, I've lost a few pounds walking. I've heard a few people have caught an odd one. Seems guys that can get out to no-mans land are catching, I not walking out that far, the old heart can't take it.

Pretty much the same for me, went out yesterday at Inisfil, from 35-90 feet, about a total of 5 dinks, about a good 18 inches of solid ice. Went to Barrie this morning by the fountain, 28 guys out there, nothing but a couple dinks. Moved over to Minets, same same. Ice is about 12-14 inches with some crusty stuff on top. Fuddle duddle, I'm going to Johnnys to get some fish..

I'm going to Johnnys to get some fish..

LOL

Out this morning.Ice is in great shape. Solid black with a white crust. Coming rain should get rid of the crust. Dinks,and herring like mad and a few smelts,two whites on/off by Terry and I.. Think I,ll make meat balls and sketty.

LOL

Out this morning.Ice is in great shape. Solid black with a white crust. Coming rain should get rid of the crust. Dinks,and herring like mad and a few smelts,two whites on/off by Terry and I.. Think I,ll make meat balls and sketty.

X2