home made musky lure boxes?

phatpelkey

i have been looking at musky lure storage ideas, so far they all seem way overpriced, so my question is has any of you made your own homemade storage boxes for you bull dawgs, double dawgs, pounders or jakes before? if so could u possibly post up a pic to give me a few ideas?

ps: im a shore fisherman, so would have to be some what light weight and fit into a trunk of a car

thanks

Lotsa cheap alternatives for carrying big baits.

Plastic storage box with wire hangers works well

Cnv1390-1-1.jpg

An old bag with pieces of square downspouts cut to length

Cnv0316-1-1.jpg

You can even put the downspouts in your livewell.

Cnv0435-1.jpg

Or if you've got some lumber laying around it's pretty simple to make up a cheap box and rig it with some wire to hold baits.

Cnv1845-1-1.jpg

Cnv1863-1.jpg

You can even hang them on your boat

Cnv2065-1.jpg

Cnv1607-1.jpg

Oh boy thats a smart idea of using the plastic down spouts, very resourceful. I use to keep mine piled in an old shoe box...crappy idea. If you have a Princess Auto around your area I'd recomende heading there. They always have some sorta bag or carrying case of some kind that may tickle your fancy. Good luck.

Well like others, I have used a reg tackle bag, and inserted pieces to make what you see. Kind of like the inside of a case of beer. I used an old election sign I had found. It’s a thick corrugated plastic. The corrugation has perfect little holes to place your hooks.

imag0727v.jpg

imag0728c.jpg

imag0730cj.jpg

Adam home hardware on Keil drive has the stuff you want it's around $20 a section just cut it to 10" lengths and you will get 12 sections you can fit 2 bulldogs in each tube or 4-7 bucktails or 2 jakes 3 double D's. you can get alot of baits into them.

What I used was for a bag was the soft sided cooler bags from CTC they go on sale all the time I use both sizes 48 can cooler bag and 96 can cooler bag the bigger one is the size of the large $200 musky bags out there you can build it for $60.

Well like others, I have used a reg tackle bag, and inserted pieces to make what you see. Kind of like the inside of a case of beer. I used an old election sign I had found. It’s a thick corrugated plastic. The corrugation has perfect little holes to place your hooks.

imag0727v.jpg

imag0728c.jpg

imag0730cj.jpg

that same idea works very well for carrying bottles of pop on the ATV :whistling:

Looks great. I did very similar only I went to the local lumber yard, got them to band the pieces of trough together. This way you can loose the 4 loose ones on the right and put a plano box with your terminal tackle in it's place. This will give you a spot for your extra hooks, leaders, swivels, etc....

Edited by Ron

I have heard a milk crate with downspout material works good. I think I will try it this year. Last year I used the bucket but went back to my good boxes.

Exactly what I had used for several years. What I found was that you need both hands to carry it, so it meant more trips back and forth to the boat. I also found that I never used even a quarter of the baits I had in it. I ended up buying a carrying case from BPS that held 4 storage boxes and fuilled it up with my most commonly used baits. Nice shoulder strap - so both hands are free to carry rods or something else.