18 ft tiller aluminum boats

fish_fishburn

Hey guys, I am thinking of buying an 18 ft tiller boat, motor, trailer package but am not sure what is available. I have sent a few emails to Lund dealers in the Ottawa area but havent heard back from them yet. What other manufactures make boats in the cofiguration? I definitely want aluminum since I river fish mostly with alot of rock and sand shorelines. I have had glass bassboats for the last 20 years and dont fish to many tournaments anymore and am thinking this type of boat would suit me fine.

I would sacrafice a wheel for the extra fishing space any day of the week and am thinking the 90 hp would be the ticket since I do a fair amount of travel to my fishing spots. Can a kicker be put on these as well? Since I find myself doing more trolling in the last few years with good success. Hydraulic steering is a must since I can imagine the steering torque on a tiller of this size. I'm not interested in Princecraft, there pretty but thats about all as far as I am concerned.

What I would want is something completely wired for electronics and engine guages, no carpets I'm done with that vinyl floor is prefered. Rod locker to store lots of rods up to 8 ft. Lots of dry storage, 24 volt minimum and most important a dry ride while running in rough water. Thanks in advance Mike.

Lund Alaskan immediately comes to mind -- I'm sure you've already got that covered.

Good luck in your search and I'd be interested in your findings. I'm a tiller guy as well and an 18ft tiller w/a 90 would be a sweet sweet rig.

I've had a Lund Pro Guide 16 with an 80 horse Yami for 11 years. Great boat with an awsome layout.

The torque on the motor isn't nearly as much as one would think. On plane, i can easily stear with two fingers. Power trim is a must.

I have a trim button on the floor that is very easy to operate.

Good luck on your search

I really like the Pro Guide....Max HP on the 1825 is 90HP. Look at the 2010 pro guide....with a 200HP tiller! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

For the time being though, I'm very happy with the Princecraft 167BT with a 60HP 4 stroke. and 70lb 24V Minn Kota. It's all I need.

I will look at the G3 as well. I have only heard good things about their boats. Are they all powered with yammys? That 200 sounds like a beast Roy, but I already have a V6 parked in the garage and the fuel costs are pretty sic. Thinking a 90 is a V4? I am starting to realize this isnt as popular a style of boat as I thought they were. Alot of manufactures dont make boats this size in a tiller cofiguration.

I will look at the G3 as well. I have only heard good things about their boats. Are they all powered with yammys? That 200 sounds like a beast Roy, but I already have a V6 parked in the garage and the fuel costs are pretty sic. Thinking a 90 is a V4? I am starting to realize this isnt as popular a style of boat as I thought they were. Alot of manufactures dont make boats this size in a tiller cofiguration.

I believe Yamaha and G3 are one in the same.

Hey Ben, I like the Kingfisher line as well. I think the 1725 Flex is more practical for what I want. The 1825 Trio is nice but the rod storage is lacking. These boats are built tough for sure. A 4.0 mm hull thickness is a nice touch. The flex is only 2 inches shorter then the Trio but has a 8ft beam and is rated for a 90 hp max and has lots of rod storage. definitely going to look into them a bit more. any idea on the price? I am going to email for a quote. The closest dealer to me is Sudbury, that kind of sucks. Im not to worried about resale because my next boat will be my last....I think. Still contemplating the others, Lund and Alumacraft as well. I have read quite a bit about Lund having crappy seats, that break. Have they sorted this problem out yet?