Tutoring a new rod builder and forum member (Now Completed)

Spiel

I was asked by Live2fish85 (Chris) if I would help/guide him through his first rod build. Naturally I said "for sure," but for convenience I suggested he come here and use my shop, my tools and my guidance rather than do it via PM's as he lives near by.

So after discussing what it was he wanted I ordered in the needed components and once all was here we arranged some convenient time for both of us to get together and begin the build. We're two days into it at this point. Chris has glued up the cork rings for the handle, wound on some guides and also shaped the handle and fitted it to the blank for gluing. I did the gluing of the handle to the blank in his absence but it is at this point it's all I have done outside of offering guidance.

I think he's done amazing!

Here's a few pictures of where it's all at to date

chris85rx72.jpg
chris85rx73.jpg
chris85rx71.jpg

Thanks guys.

Looks great guys, can I come over and watch you build me another rod, I need more training :whistling::w00t:

After reading this i kind of feel the same and want to put my hand up and ask the question .... were can i go to enroll in your class's

There's and expression I believe, something about old dogs and new tricks....... :dunno:

A teacher I had back in high school built rods and offered to build one with me once. It really helped solidify my passion for the sport. Seeing this brings back memories and makes me appreciate what he did. I have that rod still too.