Mike Borger hits the Big Leagues

Kingsalmon

Hey don't feel bad, I havn't even seen it myself yet.

Guess it's time to subscribe. :)

On a somewhat related and more serious note my uncle who joined us on that trip is now in pallative care. It seems all but certain that particular trip will have been his last. He was the one who planted the angling bug in me over 40 years ago now and a true passion for brook trout as well.

He's always been proud of my accomplishments and I'm very glad he'll get the chance to see this story in print. I did make mention of him in the story as well, he'll get a kick out of that.

I'll be seeing him later this week to show him the magazine.

I look forward to reading that when my copy arives in the mail - Mike's stories are always entertaining and a source of one more item on the bucket lis. Sorry to hear about your uncle Mike, what a great memory for both of you

Thanks lads!

well done, congrats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh8iit10AAE

Ah yes the video, that turned out pretty well I thought.

At first I was surprised when OOD asked for a video clip, but it's really a stroke of genius I think. It's the best way to show what a destination is truly like.

Congrats Mike!That was another of your many great trips. Who was the camera "crew" up there? Wasn't this the trip where Brendan had taken some pics as well?

Edited to add: And BTW, Mike has always been in the big leagues. :)

Say Mike, if the outdoor writing gig doesn't pan out the way you want, you can always sideline as a real estate agent. That was quite the thorough cabin tour!

Joking aside, nice job on the video. I'm looking forward to reading the magazine once my mail man is done with it.