Anybody out on Simcoe yet?

iFish4real

Don't forget, ice varies. It was New Years day 2008 or 2009 that Terry, Paul and I went out on Cook's Bay and I caught that huge carp. The ice was 4 to 5 inches in most spots, but one spot we were on it was only 2"

Use your heads and be safe!

Hmmmfff you girls and your "inches" .. can never make you happy!

I remember the day Sly found that spot. He came and grabbed Iceguy and myself from Iceguys hut. Said "lets go, we found the fish. Tommys out there now."

It was one of the best days ive ever had out there. The next weekend he pulled all his huts out there, and for the rest of the season, it was a zoo.

I still go out there from time to time, but the fishing has never been as good as that day. Heres the video from the day he found that spot. Lots of good days remembered with Sly. Miss ya Buddie!!

the good ol days :) driving for 30 mins on crack ridden simcoe for a couple whities :)

Im planning on going to Virginia Beach tomorrow. I've seen video reports of 5 inches although it varies in spots. I will be following the crowds and spudding my way out just to be safe. I will report my findings and Jumbos (hopefully) tomorrow.

I didnt manage to get out today as my fishing partner was sick. I will however be going out tomorrow for sure. I will post a report for all of you weekend warriors.

There's ice but not much, really windy glad I rented a hut. Couple dozen fellas decent fishing.

Not to stir the pot,but whos renting huts on thin ice? Is there not a clause about amount of ice,to have huts out? Insurance reasons.

Just asking

There's a good six inches stick to the trails. Careful out there tomorrow if anyone goes. Parking tickets for parking on the street just a heads up. Here's a few pics from the cell. 2013-01-04123838.jpg king can was the measuring tape for the day anything smaller went back 2013-01-04155117.jpg suprise pike on super light gear (4lb test) ate a two inch minnow on a 1\16 jig _facebook_-1451135160.jpg

Edited by lickmyarmpit