Big musky

mike rousseau

people get mad cause too many look at my 50lber posts come up when they clearly are 35's... it seems that the only issue with this one is the title of "world record"... the more I look at it I think they are saying that in a few years that fish will be a WR..... if it was only a pic of the fish and Barbo.... I think all we would hear is praise. As for if the fish was the WR.... not sure he would bonk it.... having said that I think 5-10 years ago he wouldnt... but now not so sure as he has gone "main stream" on the musky scene.. which of course others have too Mr Thorpe comes to mind..... it used to be for the thrill of trying to get the tanks.... now its about the $$... whch Laz really doesnt need... but the recognition. He was like Pokaroo for a long time, like a myth, now hes on tv every week it seems. Lets see in the next cpl years what happens....

Ken O'briens fish is the WR in my book.... too many of the US fish are not documented well enough.... people just dont like that Obrien caught it walleye fishing lol

Hit a 70lber and put this to bed :canadian:

Loadman gets it... Although Laz catches lots of huge fish that we never hear about. Theres only so much he can do to keep out of the public eye.

As for the record being about money... I dont think so. This isnt bass we are talking about, which could be worth a ton of money. If the record is ever broken ( or established) then the angler might be lucky enough to get on pro staff for some tackle company... It wont be worth a lot of money. I hope someone puts it to rest next season with a legitimate giant. ( and Larry Ramsell doesnt get his hands on it...)

When my musky season starts up again this summer, I'll take it upon myself to catch the undeniable world record. Shattering both length and weight records.

It's gonna be a great year. :lol:

Im right there with you. Next world record is coming from Georgian Bay next year guys cause thats where I go. If im not trolling I hope she follows right up to the boat.

I will be Using a Rapala bait... with my Shimano Reel.... and my St Croix Rod and both my Hummingbird and Lowrance helped me find it... in a Lund with a Merc.... wearing Gloomis outer wear... and who else could I try and sell the WR photo to for sponsorship or $$ lol:tease:

And Musky Hunter mag helped show me the spots .... with a BPS tackle box and sox lol

Like the big musky pictures.

Thought i would go through this...

Georgian Bay produces big ones...this is largest measured and weighed.

Caught incidentally...65lbs.

ontario-record-muskie3.jpg

This guy tried hard for many years and caught this...61+lbs.

pan3.jpg

The St.Lawrence/Ottawa R. has produced big ones.

All caught and released.

This is reproduction of Mcnair musky.

dale_macnair.jpg

Claimed catch release record by Bill Craig caught near Ottawa.

muskie.jpg

Lazarus/Barbosa muskies...

Lazarus2.gif

0055.jpg

Like the BIG musky pictures!

Probably next world record will come from St.Lawrence/ Ottawa R. or Georgian Bay.

Man what a fish! I really didn't find the posts here all that negative either, just guys questioning why someone would call it a record. No biggie. Even the guys questioning it wondered if it was a live release record or a line class record etc. No negativity at all in my opinion (although I've only read through once...maybe I need to go back and see who was being a real jerk).

Oh man I love that one that Ken O'brian is holding. If that thing followed my lure up to the boat my knees would buckle and I would end up falling out of the boat.