first winter storm on its way....

Gerritt

And here people mock the fact you try and inform others..... I drove my.son home.early... So niether myself, my.ex... Nor my son had.to.deal with this....freezing rain here...

Good luck to all of you who have family out in this weather....

G

Edited by Gerritt

Seems some people didn't get the message:

CP24 reports at 7:45pm- TRAFFIC ALERT: Hwy. 400 southbound is being shut down at King Rd. because of numerous collisions caused by icy conditions, OPP say.

Lets look at it in a slightly different manner. If there were no one driving on the road and it was a complete skating rink, would there be any collisions? No, so why blame the icy conditions, blame the idiot drivers that can't seem to understand that slowing down a modest 10k would make more sense.

Oh and I'm not ragging on you kickingfrog.

Edited by Fisherman

If we are going to talking about winter we'll need a proper Canadian temp scale!!

Being a Canadian

COLD IS RELATIVE ....

The Temperature Conversion Guide (degrees are in Fahrenheit):

50 above - New Yorkers turn on the heat. Canadians plant gardens.

40 above - Californians shiver uncontrollably. Canadians sunbathe.

35 above - Italian cars won't start. Canadians drive with the windows down.

32 above - Distilled water freezes. Canadian water gets thicker.

20 above - Floridians wear coats, gloves & wool hats. Canadians throw on a t-shirt.

15 above - Californians begin to evacuate the state. Canadians go swimming.

Zero - New York landlords finally turn up the heat. Canadians have the last cook-out before it gets cold.

10 below - People in Miami cease to exist. Canadians lick flag poles.

20 below - Californians fly away to Mexico. Canadians throw on a light jacket.

40 below - Hollywood disintegrates. Canadians rent videos.

60 below - Mt. St. Helens freezes. Canadian Girl Scouts begin selling cookies door to door.

80 below - Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Canadian Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.

100 below - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

173 below - Ethyl alcohol freezes. Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw their kegs.

297 below - Microbial life survives on dairy products. Canadian cows complain of farmers with cold hands.

460 below - ALL atomic motion stops. Canadians start saying"Cold'nuff for ya?"

500 below - Hell freezes over. The Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup

Thanks Jerrit :thumbsup_anim:

I made it home with my new/used 2 man portable ice hut just in time to watch everything turn to slushy ice that was about 3hours ago. Now its all just ice and my hut is set up in my livingroom..

Fishing is a little slow but it will get better :thumbsup_anim:

Don.

Drove from Ottawa to Toronto leaving around 6pm..encountered all forms of precipitation just as expected. One 18 wheeler in a ditch and one car in a ditch were the only accidents I saw from 416 to DVP. Was able to do 70 most of the time, 100 once I hit Port Hope area. Most people seemed to be driving at safe speeds.

Gas in Shannonville for 106.9 :)