Attention anyone who fishes the Notty

Rustic-Fisher

Keep your eyes open for any suspicious behaviour in regards to deer poaching in the ESSA area.

Unfortunately i stumbled across a sight that made me sick.

Tossed carelessly of to the side of a path leading to the river was a 275lb+ buck minus its head and rack , hooves.

Kill was no more then two days old and cleanly shot.

All avenues have been taken in regards to reporting, but every little bit helps. These types of crimes just boil my blood, and I hope yours.

I decided to post a few pics just to drive home the reality of this senseless waste.

The worst part about the whole thing...... my wife and 3 year old were with me, explain that to a three year old (and for guys that don't have kids, their smarter then you think)

Once again guys, If you see something suspicious dial 1-877-TIPS-MNR

poachers.jpg

poachers2.jpg

Either way if in fact it was killed by a person they should be ''CHARGED'' to the full extent of the law!! Crap like this is just disgusting!!

However ''if'' this buck was already dead when someone found it and than removed it's parts, different story. The bucks, not all but some will ''fight'' till death. Many you tube vids on this.

Lets hope thats the way this happened and no shot an left the meat. flip

Either way if in fact it was killed by a person they should be ''CHARGED'' to the full extent of the law!! Crap like this is just disgusting!!

However ''if'' this buck was already dead when someone found it and than removed it's parts, different story. The bucks, not all but some will ''fight'' till death. Many you tube vids on this.

Lets hope thats the way this happened and no shot an left the meat. flip

That is what I was getting at lol Shot and not found by hunter but maybe a passer by helped themselves. Regardless if shot with a gun this was a poached deer!

That is what I was getting at lol Shot and not found by hunter but maybe a passer by helped themselves. Regardless if shot with a gun this was a poached deer!

I see what your saying, but as an avid hunter I have no doubt this animal was likely dropped on the spot or close to it.

Shoot placement was perfect.

R

I'm not doubting you. Just asking the questions. Stuff like this really grinds my gears. People like this give hunters a bad name. Haven't even seen a deer this season with countless hours on the stand. Then you see this animal go to waste. :wallbash:

Yep, my thoughts exactly , a week ago I would've given anything for a shot at a buck like this.

About 15 years ago I found a 8 point buck dead in the bush several days after the shotgun hunt. The hunter must have shot it on the run because the slug entered the rear quarter and came out the stomach. It probably ran to far for the hunter to find. Anyway, I cut of it's head and the antlers are on the wall in my garage. A waste of meat I know but the weather was too warm and it couldn't have bled out properly so I didn't trust it to be edible.

I saw a fresh deer hide left close to the road on a trail leading to the river but that was near Baxter. I spoke to 2 grouse hunters who just came out of the woods. I understood from them that it was legal to hunt deer there right now, so I thought it was more like bad environmental practice or even 'littering', but not a crime.

legs can be made into lamps, and ashtrays. Thats the only reason they would take these at least thats what I know some ppl do with them. flip

Cut from the knee joint down,there is some kind of medicine that can be made from that. I know this ,as a fellow co-worker who is vetinemise (sp?) did it. He asked for them if I got a deer on our hunt.He boiled the bones and hooves.

ppl take the head (antlers)for their own trophy,

A quality antlered buck mount,goes for big dollars on the black market.

I'd like to think it was a deer that got away on someone, but ya never know. Even a well shot deer can go a loooong ways, and if it was raining, they're hard to track. Who knows.

S.

Shane,the controlled hunt for this area, has been over for 13 days.

Spoke with the CO today, his take was that it was possibly gut shot, claimed, and then hung. Fearing the meat had spoiled they decided to ditch it .

Still don't think it looked gut shot, but CO has seen more shot deer than I'll ever see .

Was great to see how fast the MNR acted on this. Who knows how this all went down but at least it was investigated.

And Brian, I gurrentee there's coyote snipers already sitting on this kill lol

R