No fishing bylaw...

mike rousseau

In all honesty I read the document and agree with it for the most part....

I've called the police several times because I couldn't launch my boat do to people swimming and loitering around the boat launch....

I do think this should be seasonal however.... Because the 2 marinas listed are popular fishing spots in the spring when boat traffic is at a minimum.... As well as ice fishing...

And the Eco park listed has a small man made stream that has created a fall spawning run for the few trout and salmon we have in the st Lawrence... And this bylaw will protect those fish...

The way this reads to me is it isn't city wide... Just a few small locations that are really busy with boaters... And Cornwall literally has miles of public shoreline to fish...

Even if we're just finding it now that doesn't mean we should just stand by while they take away our rights?! wallbash.gif

All I'm saying is that no one can weigh in on the passing of the by-law, since it's already done.

Ammendments can occur if they are willing to open the issue back up again. Seems they perhaps snuck it through without anyone noticing!