Our Quinte Report

Fish Farmer

9 guys, 4 boats, 3 10 to 11 hour days, 0 Fish. You name it, we tried it. Talked to everyone we saw and same report, NO Fish, not even a Sheephead was caught. Nobody could figure it, marked lots, tried different depths, lures, leads 80' to 350' back, even went to harness and Nada.

This is what I looked at for 3 days.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

And of course my buddy had to look at my mug holding my fish. :dunno:

9-1.jpg

Hope things pick up for our next trip in Nov. for 4 days.

Good luck for anyone going down.

Got any questions, just ask.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Did you try varying your speed as well?

How far out did you run your boards from the boat?

Just curious...

HH

Didn't need the boards, we stayed inside the bay, only 1 rod each, 2 guys only in my boat Zig zag and turns,anywhere from 80' to 350' back, sometimes 1OZ snaps. Our other buds hit the reach and ran 6 rods with boards and Nada. Speed, we ran all different speeds. 09 to 2.8

That's ridiculous... 9 guys fishing 30+hours..... NO fish....

Hope I can figure it out next week.....

That's what we said Mike, never seen it as bad, they just shut off. But one day later you could limit out. I've see it you could put any deep runner on and catch steady. We all spread out and kept in contact with radios hoping one guy would give a good report. :wallbash: We saw the charter boats running and gunning different areas, so you new they weren't catching.

Good luck Mike if you go down, you never from one day to the next.

That sucks big time. I mean it's always good to get out on the water regardless, but it's really nice when you put in the hours that you get rewarded with some fish.

Did you try by the light house in Telegraph Narrows or by Forrester's Island? Those 2 spots I usually always catch something. Just curious. I should be heading up there sometime mid November, I hope the fising picks up by then.

Btw that imaginary fish looks at least 34" long. :)

which live targets have wide wobbles?

my experience with live targets is they have piss poor action, if you can get any action out of them at all.

or was the wide wobblin' bait referring to reefers, td's, etc.

Steve, Pm'ed to avoid spammieness.

Edited by Harrison

Was there last week. Got 7 or 8 on boards, all ate wide wobble long bodies. Top 2 were both Livetargets.

Yes your right Harrison, guys did good last week. Like my signature says :) But the same that did good last week got zip this week. I guess we picked the wrong week.

That really sucks. Sorry it was not more productive for you. Too early maybe???

I hope your right Joey, but when you have a fishin addiction, there is no such thing as early.

It's just like saying what came first, the Chicken or the egg. When does fishin season start, the end of Dec. or the 1st of Jan. :D

I'm sure you had a good time with the buds all the same, Dave. Remember, we all have so many heartbeats, so many breaths etc in our lifetime. We also have a set number of skunks.....the one you just endured is one less you'll have to put up with in the future. :) Thanks for the report, Bud.

ow.

so was it better than 3 days at work?

Work, bite your tongue. I'm retired. :sleeping_02: I just like to wine just in case the fish gods hear me :w00t:

NO SIR. :thumbsup_anim:

Ever thought of coming to the dark side :whistling: I,m sure Chris could set you up. :lol:

Funny you say that Brian, I was at Chris's today helping him put line on that thing he calls a reel (Cloths line pulley)reel. I told him go get yourself a good Spinnin reel. You know what he told me? Ouch :blush::w00t:

Edited by Fish Farmer

I'm sure you had a good time with the buds all the same, Dave. Remember, we all have so many heartbeats, so many breaths etc in our lifetime. We also have a set number of skunks.....the one you just endured is one less you'll have to put up with in the future. :) Thanks for the report, Bud.

Thanks Roy, you have a very good way to put things. :good: I'm going to put that in my excuses book. Wait till I tell the boys that one, I'm aloud so many skunks, so whats their excuse. :D

I tell ya, back at the motel with the boys for a couple hours, :whistling: you forget about the skunk, if you know what I mean. :D

Thanks Roy, you have a very good way to put things. :good: I'm going to put that in my excuses book. Wait till I tell the boys that one, I'm aloud so many skunks, so whats their excuse. :D

I tell ya, back at the motel with the boys for a couple hours, :whistling: you forget about the skunk, if you know what I mean. :D

I think you said you were staying at the Picton Harbour Inn in your earlier post. Despite the fishing, how was the inn? Did you leave your boat at their docks?

Quinte can be really tough but it can also be a goldmine of fish when they choose to cooperate. Either way, it's a gorgeous place to spend some time in the fall.

I think you said you were staying at the Picton Harbour Inn in your earlier post. Despite the fishing, how was the inn? Did you leave your boat at their docks?

Quinte can be really tough but it can also be a goldmine of fish when they choose to cooperate. Either way, it's a gorgeous place to spend some time in the fall.

The Inn is great, nice and clean and you can have breakfast there in their restaurant. rate is $107 per night thats with taxes in. You get 2 double beads with TV. we have slept 4 guys in the room if you don't mined sleeping 2 to a bed, I take a sleeping bag when doing that, sometimes you can't trust your friends, if you know what I mean. :whistling::rolleyes::w00t: . It's better with 3 guys to a room, they will give you a cot if available, sometimes on the weekend they don't have enough. That's why we like week days down there because it's a little quieter, not as busy. Parking in the back of the motel can be a pain. Their Restaurant is closed after noon, so for super we go to town, but we have at times taken a Crock-pot with Chili or stew, makes it a little cheaper and getting back to the room after having a few refreshments, you don't have to drive :D The water is so low this year you would need a ladder to get in your boat from the dock. I have seen guys leave their boat at the dock, but not this year. We trailer our boats because some times we want to launch at the ferry launch. One word of warning , don't leave anything in your boat if you don't want it taken. I've heard stories.

Good luck, the fish are there, just got to hit the right day their hitting. :rolleyes::D

PS. take your FRS radios if you have others going, makes for a fun day shotting the crap and getting info. We also carry cel's

Edited by Fish Farmer