TUNDRA the Queen of Labrador

Billy Bob

Been busy training my proud puppy since I got her back in August of 2011

She hasn't been out on a real duck hunt but our season opens in less then 10 days now.......she's only a little over 1 year old and I know she will still need lots of REAL DUCK retrieving training...but she does have a GREAT start so far...

Here's she sitting....waiting for the BANG BANG...I got one Tundra...go get it command.

TundraTrainingatswamp10-10-12007.jpg

Then her swimming out to get it

TundraTrainingatswamp10-10-12012.jpg

Her Swimming back with her "Wooden Duck"

TundraTrainingatswamp10-10-12013.jpg

TundraTrainingatswamp10-10-12014.jpg

TundraTrainingatswamp10-10-12015.jpg

And finally Tundra enjoying her reward treat

TundraTrainingatswamp10-10-12009.jpg

Good looking pup Bob, just curious though, is that a life jacket he's wearing ??

YES....it to give her added flotation and it had a built in chest protector on it....she really doesn't need the added flotation in the swamp...but definitely a good idea for the Niagara River in the second half of the season...

Edited to add.....

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-5mm-Neoprene-Flotation-Vest-with-Armor-Flex8482-Chest-Protector/732700.uts?WTz_l=SBC%3BBRCatalogCustomerReviews

Edited by Billy Bob

Nice pup!

You won't need to those treats once she gets a few real ducks ;)

How's she doin on running blinds?

Your gonna love that vest man.. It's very tough!

My Suzy launched herself out of the boat after a bird I drop and landed on a stick which

I didn't find when checked the area out after setting up. If she didn't have this vest on

we would have been rushing to the emerg... There isn't even a mark on the belly of the vest.

She grunted when she landed that's the only way I knew she hit something.

This vest is 5 years old and still looks like new!

F9B191C8-D5FA-4411-A52D-61DC393A7815-7767-000008EC96129B7C.jpg

Edited by RangerGuy

Nice pup!

You won't need to those treats once she gets a few real ducks ;)

How's she doin on running blinds?

Your gonna love that vest man.. It's very tough!

My Suzy launched herself out of the boat after a bird I drop and landed on a stick which

I didn't find when checked the area out after setting up. If she didn't have this vest on

we would have been rushing to the emerg... There isn't even a mark on the belly of the vest.

She grunted when she landed that's the only way I knew she hit something.

This vest is 5 years old and still looks like new!

F9B191C8-D5FA-4411-A52D-61DC393A7815-7767-000008EC96129B7C.jpg

Those two could be TWINS...... :thumbsup_anim:

Glad to hear the vest did it's job and saved her from a serious injury... :thumbsup_anim:

HILLARY....that's one UGLY WITCH (witch is not my first choice) if it's the Hillary I am thinking of....TUNDRA is a PURDY PUPPY....You call my puppy that again, and I'll beat you with that wooden duck.... :whistling::devil::rofl2:

You should have called her Ram or Sierra

funny my best draathar was my wifes shadow. in the field she was a machine. we trialed her in michigan and used her for 2 blinds at st lukes bay. at one time i had 20 burger burners in the 70,s. buying chow 1,000lbs at a time. one thing with gun dogs. there loyal and will give everything they have for you..i work my blk lab every morning including christmas day. ,and yes he curls up on the couch.dogs are kids you dont send to college lol.

WHY.......I don't want a dog that breaks down and can't do the job...she was named to be BIG, STRONG and DEPENDABLE.... :thumbsup_anim:

Well I won't bother with that debate but such a nice looking dog deserves a name derived from beauty, not from something bloated and awkward looking. If that's what you were shooting for, "Pacer" is a nice name.

Well I won't bother with that debate but such a nice looking dog deserves a name derived from beauty, not from something bloated and awkward looking. If that's what you were shooting for, "Pacer" is a nice name.

Then, the only thing I can suggest for you is to get a Chocolate Lab and name it SlowPoke Pacer....... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Then, the only thing I can suggest for you is to get a Chocolate Lab and name it SlowPoke Pacer....... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

We don't have time for a new dog, we brought home a stray we found wandering down the center lane of the highway...

We were going to call it Billy Bob but we thought the dog might be insulted.