Courtesy Reminder

kemper

I hear ya, just too much squabbling among the river crowd for my liking though.

yeah cause muskie people don't get bent when boat stops within a 100 ft of them

or if they don't have a net or if they hold the fish wrong or if they hold up a small one for a picture

or take the time to get the hooks out rather then just cut them or if thy toss it back in the water rather then holing i in the water till they swim away on their own.........yes so much more mellower then the river rats

lol

:sarcasm:

Edited by Terry

What exactly does "greased out" mean anyway? You Steelheaders and your funny lingo.

I think you can blame Mike for that term, around here anyway.

Flexible term, means that some goof decides he wants to fish exactly where you are and proceeds to do exactly that.

I got greased out at the gym last night.

Dude started doing chin ups RIGHT beside me when there were more bars free.

You could try swinging a spey rod around? I've noticed that nobody comes near my when the big stick is chucking intruders...of course I'm probably in grave danger the entire time.

I think you can blame Mike for that term, around here anyway.

Flexible term, means that some goof decides he wants to fish exactly where you are and proceeds to do exactly that.

HAHA! I had only ever heard the expression once before used by my buddy Andrew many years ago. I'm not claiming it as mine but I definitely took it and ran with it. LOL!

For those of you who are getting tired of using old expressions like "rube" and "loogan" consider using "huckleberry", another one that Andrew coined on a busy day at Elk.

As in "Holy Crap! I can't believe how many freaking huckleberrys there are on the river today!

I got greased out at the gym last night.

Dude started doing chin ups RIGHT beside me when there were more bars free.

It's a multi purpose verb.

:D

You make musky fish'n seem very boring by comparison Mike, we don't have any of them fancy dancy words :thumbsup_anim:

The words are easily transferable from steelhead to musky Lew, and as Sinclair has demonstrated to the gym as well.

Speaking of the gym I tend to go at the same time everyday and many of the same people are always there.

While on the eliptical machine yesterday minding my own business a woman who I like to call the old sea hag stepped on the machine to my direct left.

Apparantly the sea hag had just consumed 3 full cloves of garlic before she started huffing and puffing right next to me.

I tried to endure the stench but eventually I couldn't and was forced to leave.

So I guess I was greased out too. :lol:

I guess I understand where your coming from Kemper, but from the stuff I read around here it just doesn't sound like an enjoyable way to fish to me. Seems like there's just constant complaining about so many different things associated with river fishing, from snagging, to flossing, to poaching, to guys gutting fish for the roe and 100 other things.

And heaven forbid somebody mentions a river or posts a pic and there's a dozen guys ready to hang him for it.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, it just never sounds like fun to me, but I spose everybody has their own thing to do....and I'll stay out on the lake where it's nice and peaceful :D

Lew, this is why some of us wait for the cold weather of late Oct/Nov to really start hitting the rivers. By that time the salmon are done and are most of the people chasing them. A little courtesy goes a long way on the river, just have a wee bit of respect for your fellow angler and everyone will get a long and have a good time.

Yes fall river fishing is a terrble thing I should quit too...

This morning was the last straw. I was fishing away and a pair of mallards tried to "grease" me out. Then a beaver thought it was ok to swim across the river right where I was fishing. To top it off a flock of noisy geese flew over me...

Yes fall river fishing is a terrble thing I should quit too...

This morning was the last straw. I was fishing away and a pair of mallards tried to "grease" me out. Then a beaver thought it was ok to swim across the river right where I was fishing. To top it off a flock of noisy geese flew over me...

Should have shot them all (sans the beaver, lol!)

Too funny Mike , I haven't talked to Andrew for awhile , hope he's doing well.

There are lots of places to go and have some solitude , just doing a little research helps and so does a canoe.

notty1_zps0e7d3b65.jpg

Joseph

Nice picture Joe, let's try and get out together sometime this fall.

There are lots of places to go and have some solitude , just doing a little research helps and so does a canoe.

notty1_zps0e7d3b65.jpg

Joseph

A buddy of mine has an open kayak and this is a preferred method of his when fishing that river

notty1_zps0e7d3b65.jpg

Joseph

Any points for correct answers here? That looks like just down from the canoe launch (in your Old Town canoe) with the fast water just ahead!

When I fish this river I usually use the canoe mainly to get me to uncrowded spots, then fish from shore.

My favourite is when I'm fishing with my spinning rod. I'll be on a river somewhere without anyone around me, tossing a spinner or crankbait. Then someone shows up planning to drift, right above me, trying to grease me out. In that situation I don't mind crossing their line and pulling it in. I'm not typically twit-for-tat, but if you see someone fishing there already and your style of fishing will prevent them from continuing to fish, move on to a different stretch or get there earlier.

Recently did the canoe thing on a popular river with my brother inlaw and it worked out great. We used an inflatable canoe and parked one car at the start and end of our drift. We fished from the canoe and got out and waded, rarely saw anyone on the trip.

My favourite is when I'm fishing with my spinning rod. I'll be on a river somewhere without anyone around me, tossing a spinner or crankbait. Then someone shows up planning to drift, right above me, trying to grease me out. In that situation I don't mind crossing their line and pulling it in. I'm not typically twit-for-tat, but if you see someone fishing there already and your style of fishing will prevent them from continuing to fish, move on to a different stretch or get there earlier.

Why not just give it a few little twitches, you know, just to watch them set the hook on nothing, lol.

Oh wait, then you would be no better then the other dood hahaha