Spoiled myself

taper

Headed to my local tackle shop on Saturday to look at a rod and reel for Pike. Originally I was looking for a round style bait caster but after talking to the owner and telling him what I wanted it for ( 95% casting) he recommended a low profile version. I made a final decision on the Quantum Accurist 501PT left hander.Then off to the rod rack where I finally decided on a Quantum PT 6 foot 10 inch heavy action 1 piece rod. As you can see I was impressed by the Quantum line up. After making those decisions I got to browsing and remembered a couple weeks earlier I had bought a new Quantum PT 6 foot med/ heavy 1 piece for jerk baits and was undecided about buying a new reel to go with it or using one of my old reels. Well the urge over took me and I picked up a Shimano Solstice 1000RH. I was looking really hard at the new Quantum PT spinning reels with the holographic looking metal finish but they don't sell a rear drag model in North America ( i was told you can get them in Europe ). I had a chance to try them all out on Sunday down at Long Point and was very impressed so far. Just don't tell my wife what they cost she'll kill me. :whistling:

gallery_682_227_40966.jpg

gallery_682_227_26591.jpg

gallery_682_227_32518.jpg

Awesome reel & rod,ive been using the accurist like wayne said for about 5 years now,for bottom bouncing for walleyes and i love it,i went back last year and bought another one as my main baitcaster reel,you will get years out of it,great choice....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I used it a bit on Sunday and the thing I liked the most was not one birds nest. Since this is my first bait caster the dealer gave me a quick lesson in the parking lot and everything went very well for the first trip.