Where to take broken st croix rod

buick14

Hello, So I broke the tip on my avid, and was wondering if there was anywhere in specific would be a great place who will ship it out for me etc and charge a normal rate ? The st croix website looks like it'll be as expensive as buying a new avid almost ..... So anybody try jbs fishing depot, or angling specialties or???? Thanks!

I don't know the address, but believe they have a shipping depot in Mississauga or Etobicoke that you should be able to take it to. If it's not easy to find on their site, I remember seeing it under the section describing how you can trade in and upgrade your rod.

This warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the rod, reel or rod blank only, and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the product. This warranty does not cover accident, misuse, neglect, normal wear, fire, theft, loss, intentional damage or value added from the construction of a custom rod from a St. Croix blank.

You might check before mailing it with the fee to mail and the $20.00 return you might be able to get it repaired locally cheaper and quicker. Rods that are defective usually show there flaws within the first few uses.

Art

Lol I didn't say how it broke? New or used, I am looking for a center that will cost less vs sending it to croix...I've never had a breakage, and like croix, but with shimano/loomis I have broken (rod and my fault) neither cost me a dime to ship, and no hassle. But anyhow, I am looking for the cheapest way

Lol I didn't say how it broke? New or used, I am looking for a center that will cost less vs sending it to croix...I've never had a breakage, and like croix, but with shimano/loomis I have broken (rod and my fault) neither cost me a dime to ship, and no hassle. But anyhow, I am looking for the cheapest way

Your not that far from JB's, Take it to him and maybe he can help,or at least give a opinion. He doesn't open till 10:am.Good luck.

Send it in directly to St.Croix, doesn't get much easier then that. I sent a busted Avid casting rod in along with $20US for return shipping, got a brand new one back in about 2 weeks. Here's an excerpt from their site.

To save freight costs, Canadian Customers may ship rods to the address below. Please place all paperwork inside the shipping carton because customs officials will remove paperwork on the outside of the carton.

St. Croix Rods

c/o FedEx Trade Networks

7075 Ordan Drive

Mississauga, Ontario L5T 1K6 Canada

I got to second the advise of Roy a trip to Spiel's can often get you a repaired rod and a viewing of some of the nicest hand built rods you will ever get to see. I have abandoned my collection of St Croix and Loomis for the rods he built both for the quality and the ability to make a handle that fits my hands better (fatter) and balanced for the reel I choose for it. I am sorry if my last post appeared to imply anything it was not meant too. What I was trying to say is a local repair might be faster and better if they decided to not repair it as a warrentee.

Art

5 bucks at JBs or angling specialties and you have a new tip on the spot or a day later. Why bother with $20, waiting weeks and/or driving to the hammer?

JB's won't give you a new tip, I doubt Angling Specialties would either. They might send the rod in for you, but there's no over the counter exchange.

i could count on two hands the tips the boys at JBs replaced for me on the spot. it's not terribly difficult to do yourself either.. now if you need a guide replaced, that's a different story.

Send it in directly to St.Croix, doesn't get much easier then that. I sent a busted Avid casting rod in along with $20US for return shipping, got a brand new one back in about 2 weeks. Here's an excerpt from their site.

To save freight costs, Canadian Customers may ship rods to the address below. Please place all paperwork inside the shipping carton because customs officials will remove paperwork on the outside of the carton.

St. Croix Rods

c/o FedEx Trade Networks

7075 Ordan Drive

Mississauga, Ontario L5T 1K6 Canada

Ding ding ding.

i could count on two hands the tips the boys at JBs replaced for me on the spot. it's not terribly difficult to do yourself either.. now if you need a guide replaced, that's a different story.

Ah tips, not tip sections :) Looks like I misunderstood you..

Hello, So I broke the tip on my avid, and was wondering if there was anywhere in specific would be a great place who will ship it out for me etc and charge a normal rate ? The st croix website looks like it'll be as expensive as buying a new avid almost ..... So anybody try jbs fishing depot, or angling specialties or???? Thanks!

Theres a gentleman out in Durham that builds and repairs rods(Rovic CustomRods). Friends and I have dealt with him before and have found him to be honest and provides "Good as new" quality. http://www.gofishont.com/smf/support_your_local_business/rovic_custom_rods_1595.0.html

I agree with sending the rod directly to St. Croix. I had two rods that my dog chewed to disaster. They have a no question asked warranty return (for a fee, which I do not remember). The bonus was they also offered upgrade opportunity, you basically paid the difference if you wanted a higher end rod, it did not even need to be the same rod. I upgraded from a two priemer's to a Bass Tournament and a Musky Tournament rod.

Well.....if a rod has a lifetime guarantee....you are certainly paying for the guarantee when you buy the rod. I've been fishing for 60 years and I have broken only 2 rods. One was about 50 years ago....a hollow fiberglass rod that was very old and beaten. The other was a rod I bought at Walmart for 10 dollars. It sported the company name of "Renegade". I lent the rod to a newbie from Europe and he had most certainly given it a rap on the side of the boat because the rod broke real easy the next time I used it. This rod had seen a lot of use previous to the break.

I have broken a couple of other rods but that was due to leaving them in the sun while in the car or rolling my snowmobile on an icefishing trip.

I even steer clear of rods with lifetime guarantees because I know that I will be paying much more than just the price of the rod.