BBR's Summer Report

Rich

What a summer. With the drought and heatwave, the one bonus was, there always seemed to be time to fish. Fished some brutal hot days, but for the majority me and my girlfriend kept cool with our feet in the Grand River. Through the summer, I fished sections from Kitchener, all the way to Dunnville. And not one of them is a "bad stretch".

DSCF6663.jpg

DSCF6656.jpg

Maddie's PB!

DSCF6604-1.jpg

DSCF6605.jpg

DSCF6670.jpg

My buddy Rob with a nice Grand River pike

DSCF6716.jpg

My buddy Derek with a nice one, also from the Grand

DSCF6715-1.jpg

And the biggest I've ever caught in the Grand, but boy have I seen some biggies!

Summer became a little more mobile when I purchased an inflatable boat. It fits in the trunk of the car, yet takes an electric motor, tons of gear, 2 batteries, 2 fisherpeople.. I love it. Wish I had it all my life, really. It`s so convenient. And setup & takedown don`t really take all that long.

DSCF6685.jpg

From there on out it was mostly big bass on the agenda. And while I only caught a few true hawgs, I sure did catch a LOT of decent bass this season. It was a great summer, even on the worst of days, for bass fishing.

DSCF6721.jpg

DSCF6675.jpg

DSCF6688.jpg

DSCF6640.jpg

DSCF6707.jpg

DSCF6702.jpg

DSCF6705.jpg

DSCF6694.jpg

And a few other mix-ins from the days we WEREN`T bass fishing.

DSCF6740.jpg

DSCF6608.jpg

DSCF6547.jpg

DSCF6556.jpg

DSCF6651.jpg

DSCF6723.jpg

Rob with a beauty brown, caught while carp fishing the backyard

And finally, Rob and I joined forces again recently to put a whooping on some bass, and Rob did all the whoopin` this time. Featuring his main event, I`m pretty sure it was his PB and the best part is it gave us a topwater show when it ANNIHILATED his buzzbait, coming over a stump. What a perfect morning scene that was.

DSCF6742.jpg

Hope you enjoyed, and hope everyone`s fall is hawg-filled and safe.

Awesome report Rich, what seasoning do you put on your fish? Looks good.

It's just the PC dry rub seafood seasoning. I actually love it .. Particularly on trout, salmon and channel cats done in the oven. Mmmmmmm

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. And moosebunk.... ONIONS or KAWARTHA DAIRY?! Lol