St Croix - Mojo Bass Rods

mattyk

I have had 3 of these (1 spinning, 2 casting) and they are a good rod for the price point of around $100.

I have since started buying mostly shimono stuff and for that same $100 price point, my personal belief is that the Shimano Compre rods are much better for sensitivity and durability.

The other thing to consider is howit feels in YOUR hands.... Take the reels to the stores that you think you will be pairing the rod with and check how it balances and feels in your hands.

Good luck

I have had 3 of these (1 spinning, 2 casting) and they are a good rod for the price point of around $100.

I have since started buying mostly shimono stuff and for that same $100 price point, my personal belief is that the Shimano Compre rods are much better for sensitivity and durability.

The other thing to consider is howit feels in YOUR hands.... Take the reels to the stores that you think you will be pairing the rod with and check how it balances and feels in your hands.

Good luck

I own a Compre as well and I don't like it as much as the mojo, saying that though the Compre has a lifetime warranty which is something to think about.

The crucial on the other hand is an amazing rod.

The older gen crucials are better than the current ones. Many pros won't use the new ones, too tip heavy and unbalanced.

i have 4 crucials paired with stradics and 3 paired with chronarcs and find they balance nicely. nice and sensitive as well. Compre's are a very nice rod as well, and you cant beat the warranty.

Have a look at Shimano Compre rods, no for grip, great graphite, through blank reel seats so you get fingers on the blank, the eva foam lasts a lifetime and is a lighter material, and yes as other's mentioned Lifetime Warranty. Not sponsored but I'll bring you to a Compre way before a mojo.

Hope this helps,

MTBF

Great rod for the money! I'm pretty sure it's one of St. croix's top selling rods. Compre is nice too, unless your not a fan of the synthetic foam. If you wanna go crazy you can go a couple steps above and get the Rage, totally different neoprene handle (that doesn't get slippery when wet). Rod is extremely light and has the second smallest guides (next to microguides) such that you can still run knots through the guides without having it affect the casting. But if your set on the mojo, i'd go for it, getting a great product for what you pay for. 5 year warranty only covers manufacture defects!

good luck on the choice!

I've never owned a crucials, however I own and have fish the last 3 years with mostly St-Croix, and several mojo bass', both casting and spinning.

I have never broke one yet, not even a guide. Very durable and great for the $. I would recomend them 100%

for $79.99 I meant Abu Garcia Veritas not vendetta. If you want a real deal on a veritas (the white rod) then go to Canadian Tire. THey sell the Veritas for $99.99 but sail and BPS sell it for $79.99. Canadian Tire will price match plus give you 10% back in ctc money of the lowest price item in this case the $80 so you get $8 ctc back. My CTC in Barrie sells compre rods so all you have to do is find the cheapest compre within 100 km or 250 km (not sure) and they will price match plus give 10% back in CTC money of the lowest price. Pretty good deal.