Bucket list fish

Acountdeleted

I want a bucket full of rainbow trout (up to a maximum of five, of course). Most of the lakes that have them around me are tough to get in without an ATV or sled, and haven't had luck [yet] at the others. Both through ice and in softwater.

I'd like a bucket of perch, too. I catch them from time to time, but never anything eatable.

I'd like to catch a laker in softwater (tomorrow, maybe).

I'll try for auroras again too, some day. But likely not for another couple years.

Aside from that, I'd need to travel hours away to catch fish I would like to catch but can't around here, like largemouth bass, brown trout, and musky (though I don't plan to buy musky gear, so I'd have to borrow/rent).

I think I missed my first 50" musky a few hours ago. :wallbash: It hit a jerkbait, I set the hook into her and she came up. I tried reeling hard and getting her down and swimming but she was barely moving, so heavy! I saw it's mouth was wide open the entire time. A couple big head shakes from her and she was off.

A 10 lb walleye is something that has eluded me so far, even though I've landed at least 3 in the 8 to 9 lbs range... :wallbash:

I was lucky enough to cross 2 off my list this year. 3 Species of resident trout on a fly rod and a 50 " inch musky.

A 40 + " pike is definitely next on my list. I've yet to even hit 35 ".

Peacock Bass

Inconnu

Giant Brookies

Aurora Trout

Grass Pickerel

Atlantic Salmon

Interesting that you'd say grass pickerel. There are so few people that would know one if they caught one. An adult would never be much more than 12 inches long so most of these fish would be shaken off at boatside mistaken for a baby pike. Interesting choice.

Being relatively new into this sport, my list is straightforward and probably already scratched off on yours:

- 15"+ brookie on the fly rod in a river/stream

- to catch a nice harvest of 3 to 5 brookies in the 20" range, within the same outing

- 3+ lb bass on the fly rod

- crappie

Being relatively new into this sport, my list is straightforward and probably already scratched off on yours:

- 15"+ brookie on the fly rod in a river/stream

- to catch a nice harvest of 3 to 5 brookies in the 20" range, within the same outing

- 3+ lb bass on the fly rod

- crappie

I really doubt more than probably 10 people i this whole site have caught a 3lb bass on fly gear, that would be epic though!

Interesting that you'd say grass pickerel. There are so few people that would know one if they caught one. An adult would never be much more than 12 inches long so most of these fish would be shaken off at boatside mistaken for a baby pike. Interesting choice.

They seem like a neat little species, plus I'm pretty sure I've had one take a swing at a lure a couple years ago around bass opener on twenty mile creek which makes me want to catch one even more.

They seem like a neat little species, plus I'm pretty sure I've had one take a swing at a lure a couple years ago around bass opener on twenty mile creek which makes me want to catch one even more.

Seeing your username reminds me I'd like to catch a gar. I see them in many of the waters I fish, they just don't seem to like musky lures at all. :P

I caught my first 2 this year in nova scotia, they're really aggressive and even though they were only about 10 inches they fought amazingly well.

caught a few in the Welland River/Chippewa Creek as a kid years ago, probably a few still there. Yep they are small, dad called them grass pike.

Seeing your username reminds me I'd like to catch a gar. I see them in many of the waters I fish, they just don't seem to like musky lures at all. :P

Toss a skitter walk (maybe try fishing it with the bottom hooks of the trebles removed, doesnt seem to be a disadvantage with hooking them) or a Rapala F-11 and you will surely get some, smaller lures work too as long as they float and there isn't a large gap between trebles

I caught my first 2 this year in nova scotia, they're really aggressive and even though they were only about 10 inches they fought amazingly well.

Those are actually Chain Pickerel (Esox niger), they reach much larger sizes, up to 30" i believe and there have been reports of 6lbers in around Halifax county. I have caught one of those before, just a 15"er, would definitely like to get into more thumbsup_anim.gif. Also they are now found around Kingston and in the St.Lawrence River, shouldn't make much of an impact compared to out in Nova Scotia though.

Edited by Garfisher

I will limit myself to 10, in no order:

50" muskie

10# walleye through the ice

10# largemouth

Full grown tarpon

Barramundi

10 kg Snapper (Australasian)

Black Marlin

Sailfish

New Guinean Black Bass

Bonefish

you can add barramundi to my list too, bonefish are probably the hardest fighting fish I've ever fought!