WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO INTRODUCTIONS ???

misfish

I think I did the intro when I joined a few years back, but I'll give it a shot again. My name is Dave from Midland, On. Born and raised in Thornbury and really miss bushwacking that river everyday. I have a wife, 2 daughters, (2 and 5 months). I am lucky to have a wife who enjoys fishing when there are no bugs and a 2 year old that knows every species of fish, a true fanatic! I sold my boat last year as I needed to lay new floors in my house, so I'm back to walking streams again or fishing at the dock with the family. Can't wait for hardwater. If anyone is ever up for a day of fishing, drop me a PM. Nice to meet everyone!

Hey guys, im a newb on the site so i thought id share a quick intro.

My name is john i live in keswick on

And im a diehard angler. I get out as often as i can in any weather or conditions. My favourite is pike and i got my pb this year at 44 in and pushing 25 lbs. After a couple pics i let her go( i got it on a debarbed double jointed storm) when i figure out how to post a pic i will. I also fish salmon on lake o and have started to get into muskie. I am happy to share what i know and am also not afraid to ask myself. This seems like a great site and i appreciate the help ive gotten already. Thanx a lot and tightlines

Hey guys, im a newb on the site so i thought id share a quick intro.

My name is john i live in keswick on

And im a diehard angler. I get out as often as i can in any weather or conditions. My favourite is pike and i got my pb this year at 44 in and pushing 25 lbs. After a couple pics i let her go( i got it on a debarbed double jointed storm) when i figure out how to post a pic i will. I also fish salmon on lake o and have started to get into muskie. I am happy to share what i know and am also not afraid to ask myself. This seems like a great site and i appreciate the help ive gotten already. Thanx a lot and tightlines

Welcome Gallie!,another Cooks/Simcoe angler as well?. That is a big Pike!

That's a big pike, it'll be nice to see that picture.

I'd love to see a picture too Lew... with my daughter and I catching a 44.5 x 17 this summer, I'd like to see it to compare colours, girth, etc! Ours was 23 lbs, we know that cause it's dead! :o

as you can tell i was pretty pumped the fish hit the lure and came a foot or so out of the water and the splash alone had my buddy burnin his lure in to grab the cradle. my pb before this was 38 in and 17.5 lbs out of the same area of the lake about 100 yds away

Nice! What's that on it's face?

when we got her in the cradle she shook her head and one of the hooks grabbed the side and popped out. i use all barbless for pike so when she thrashed in the cradle i think it got her

very unfortunate because she did not have a scratch on her before

OK...here's mine.

I love muskie fishing, but also enjoy bass fishing, on the French River. I get up that way 3-4 times a year. I also have a cabin on a trout stream in northern Michigan that empties into the Au Sable river. I fly fish there from early April thru November.

I like dogs better than most people, and get really honked off when I see someone on this, or other sites, criticize another's fighting, netting, handling, and reviving of fish (unless blatantly malicious). We don't exactly go after them with kid gloves to begin with....especially muskie.

My favorite boat companions are:

My two Sons

My Dog

Anyone who seldom speaks and fishes smart and hard

Anyone who doesn't constantly cast across my line when I'm operating the trolling motor from the front....if you don't like it...spend $15k+ on your own boat.

AS you can guess, when my sons aren't around, I often fish alone.....and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Hey irishfield, do you have a pic by chance? Id love to see it. For that matter any pics of big pike from anyone would be cool to see thanx fellas

Hey Gallie, Here are pics of my mounted 43" x 17" Northern I got through the ice. Weighed 23.5 lbs. Gills froze fast and there was no way she would swim back down. $600 later she was on my wall. (In the 2nd picture you can see the treble hook she was landed on. 8# line and no leader.)

CIMG1637.jpg

CIMG1636.jpg

CIMG1634.jpg

Edited by Nipfisher

Nope. Walleye fishing in 25 fow. Just a treble and an emerald shiner.

Must of been a great fight. Nice memento for the wall too.

That question was actually directed at Irishfield because those big girls are usually so deep in summer.

That question was actually directed at Irishfield because those big girls are usually so deep in summer.

Bass and Pike lake only.. back lake, air access only. Figure she was about 22 feet down when the daughter caught her the first time on a "fuji film" green "Dave Mercer" spoon jigging bottom. Was about 6 down when I caught her 20 minutes later on a small bright orange swim wizz. Too much for the old gal and almost 2 hours of revival attempt was for not... this would be a fish over 20 years old.

Edited by irishfield