Sloooooow day for us at Lac Seul.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Ok....the disclaimer.......I know fishing is better than working....i know that 30 fish is not a bad day.......and this is not in anyway a statement about not appreciating and/or taking for granted being able to fish some outright awesome locations right on my doorstep. This is just a report for 6 hours on Lac Seul....that by previous standards was SLOW....for us anyway :)B):blush:.

Fishing was slow.....started off good, I guess we should have stayed and dissected the first spot as we hit into 3 decent fish right off the bat, and saw more on screen....although they were shy to commit (watching your jig on screen helps to determine what action will trigger a bite). First stop was the front of a midwater reef in a small bay facing into the wind in about 30FOW.

We then went to try some wind swept shores where i have hammered them before in anything from 17' to 4' FOW.....NADA....NUFFINK.....ZERO....WEIRD!!?? :dunno:

Still confident this was just one of those things...fish move...whatever...we headed to my other deep water/reef/ structure spots......again....hardly a bite except Jackfish in 3 seperate locations.....really weird.

I was marking fish...and they would follow the jig up maybe a few inches off bottom before hunkering back down. At 5pm they switched on in a couple of my spots....but i think the majority of the fish were further out in the main basin...i did not have enough gas to get out there.

The boys back at the landing gave mixed reports...from "awesome fishing"...to "you were fishing too deep" , to "it was slow"

Anyway....great to be out....thats the slow day out of the way....lol....tight lines.

VIDEO STUFF

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wqufAJbZyQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

The blueberries were delicious....going picking with Cliff and his family this evening....Jack is very excited about that

Once again.......

Tight lines

Simon

Are you serious dude? :o I don't know man, you seem to be spoiled rotten up there :whistling::sarcasm::lol:

Kidding aside... sometimes walleyes are finicky and hard to get / locate :unsure: Wish my days were like yours B) Looks like you guys had fun anyway, even on your so called Sloooooow day :Gonefishing:

Great job you two :thumbsup_anim:

You made it clear it you weren't complaining...no need to apologize. I mean if it were ME...and I had to wait TWELVE MINUTES between fish....well I would be right ticked off....but you are a far more patient man than I :P

LOL....

People....people.....you dont understand...lol.

I am not complaining about a slow day....just saying it was.

Was still an awesome day out. I just go up there expecting a normal 50-100 fish session with countless 25" - 28" fish.

Even thats just a normal day in our neck of the woods Limey!

Hahaha, at southern Ontario (sarcasm.gif)