The specks were on fire today :)

Leecher

My good lord, what a session we had this morning B) Brother in law and I got talking yesterday about going out to one of our local lakes for specks... told him to pick me up at 6h00am and bring a lunch.... no need to bring his fishing gear as I have everything covered :) Spirits were high since he never caught a brookie before and that I was able to limit out my last time out :)

Well, to my surprise, even in this hot weather, the beauties were hungry B)

But first the details :) We left my place at 5h45am, a couple of pit stops and the way we go.... destination North bound B) Got to destination around 7h30am, got the first rod setup & ready for him, proceeded to setup my rod, when from the corner of my eye see the rod tip twitch :blink: Say to him... you got a HIT :w00t:

He tells me.... what??? didn't see it :dunno: I say "SET THE HOOK" :lol: He lands he first brookie B) I get the fish unhooked and put it in the cooler, put another worm on, cast out and give him the rod :)

So I proceeded to resume setting up my rod again but he gets another hit, sets the hook and lands his second :) I get the fish off the hook, put it in the cooler and.... well you get the picture :lol: this went on for a while.... fast forward.... by then, he was 5 specks ahead and I hadn't setup my rod yet :huh:

Finally got mine setup :) the action was none stop until we each reach our limit B) At 10h00am we were done B) Due to me acting as a guide on this outing, wasn't able to snap any pics while this was occuring :wallbash: but was able to get this one back at home... the one and only.... the sync shot :whistling:

DSC08403.jpg

Lures of choice was: slip bobber type rig that I make tip with dew worm

All in all, fish for 2.5hrs, drove for 3.5hrs and each limit out B)

Hope you enjoy

Tight lines

Now I'm exhausted and need a cold brew :o:):lol:

TJunkie

Nice catch .

Sorry , i had another Alzheimer's attack , and , I forgot what lake you said you were on .

I hate asking people to repeat themselves , but whats the name of that lake again ? :unsure:

I caught that cause I might have been a little more attentive. He said it was Lake X.

Nice haul trout junkie!!! I'm heading up to la belle province in the near future for a float tube brookie session. 'Can't wait.thumbsup_anim.gif

[quote name=Musky Mike'

date='16 July 2012 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1342482858' post='715120]

Wow... Your limit is 10 trout each... That's a lot of trout....

The limit is 10 but the season is only open from the end of April 'till mid September.

Edited by Walleye'm Fishing

Beauty report Jacques. Hold the brew and get those beauty truites cleaned!

Thanks Roy!!! I got them all clean... look how beautiful they are now :)

IMGP2245.jpg

And supper time is ??????

Beauty Jacques

Very soon I hope.... need to eat them if I want to go back for seconds :whistling:

Thanks Terrence!!!

A half hour before you get there… the dishes will be soaking though.

LOL Rob!!!

Great report Jacques. Looks like a tasty meal to enjoy with that nice cold brew.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Chris!!! It sure will!

Gotta love it when that happens! That' is one tasty looking sink shot.

Just wondering, if your a trout "junkie" does that mean you'll be smoking them

Thanks Chad!!! No, they are going to be hitting the frying pan in a dab of butter with salt & pepper

Woah Jacques - you have them dialled in this year. What a feast. Been a while since I visited la belle provence.............

Thanks Rick!!! Second limit out this season... I think I'm on a roll :)

Nice outing Jacques....I hope you guys left some trout for the Bald Eagles ...Buddy didn't look to happy seeing you dudes limit out:canadian:

http://i668.photobuc...ldEagle/403.png

Thanks Paul!!! That is a great shot by Cathy

Awesome Hall Jacques!!

My mouth is watering.

Thanks Nick!!!

Nice catch .

Sorry , i had another Alzheimer's attack , and , I forgot what lake you said you were on .

I hate asking people to repeat themselves , but whats the name of that lake again ?

I caught that cause I might have been a little more attentive. He said it was Lake X.

You got it Roy!!!

Wow...

Your limit is 10 trout each... That's a lot of trout....

Nice catch

Thanks Mike!!! It sure is... from a put & take lake... average size today was 8" to 10"... not big but so tasty :)

Nice haul trout junkie!!! I'm heading up to la belle province in the near future for a float tube brookie session. 'Can't wait.

The limit is 10 but the season is only open from the end of April 'till mid September.

Thanks Walleye'm Fishing!!! Good luck on your brookie session... hope there's still hungry when you target them! Your right about the season... it's a short one.

I was thinking the same thing...

I wouldn't keep a limit if they were native trout... those are all stocked... everyone of them had fins clipped :)

I gotta say they do look tasty! 8-10" are perfect for breakfast :thumbsup_anim:

The perfect size for sure :thumbsup_anim:

Man Jacques, you know how to get a mans mouth watering. Fried Speckies in butter,salt&pepper,crispy skin and fins. Look out, MAN at Work :thumbsup_anim:

Yes sir :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the report Trout Junkie!

Getting me pumped for my northern quebec l'ombre de fontaine trip. :clapping:

Thanks 12footspringbok!!! Good luck on your trip :Gonefishing:

Dang .... 8:20 in the morning as I read this, and now I'm hungry. Nice fish! I love specks, they should be great eating.

Thanks Craig!!!

Don't know why but those fish look even better with no heads... I should go eat breakfast now...

The colors came back after sitting in the fridge a little while.... I might just have a few for breakfast tomorrow :)

That rumble you heard/felt was my stomach!!! Nicely done Jacques, everytime I see your speck reports it brings back memories of slogging through the brush with my old man.

:lol: Thanks Frankie!!! Yesterday was stellar, first time for the bro-in-law and he got a limit B) I couldn't be any happier for him :)