Question searching for Nostalgia NF

bushart

Back in the 70's my family used to visit in a little town in Southwestern Ontario called "Arkona"

Quaint little place---straight out of a Rockwell painting

Anyway----I always enjoyed going to the little gas station store there complete with the wood floors and gettin a (glass bottle) of Vernors Ginger Ale---loved it

Anyway years passed and I never found it around much at all-----Until we moved back here to the Ottawa Valley

Now when we 1st went to the Renfrew Wal Mart---low and behold---they sold it in cans-----BINGO!!---bought it all the time

Till they changed it to a Superstore---no more bingo

Anyway my Bros are comin for a visit from The Hammer---anybody ever see this available out there in the Hamilton area?---then they could haul me up some.

btfnew1.jpg

Love Vernors Gingerale Terrence, takes me back to my youth fishing with Grampa and stopping in those little country stores where you pulled a bottle right out of ice water!

But given that I don't think you'll find bottled Vernors, but most every grocery store in Hamilton has 12 packs of canned Vernors, your brothers only need to look for it.

Oh and it does taste every bit as good, just lacks the nostalgia. ;)

Add in....A quick search shows Metros carries it locally here in Hamilton

I don't remember seeing it as a wee one, back in the '70s, but I remember it appearing at the corner store around the time Wishing Well disappeared.... Just reminiscing... LOL

As Spiel said, Vernors is available at most grocery stores, and most 'variety' stores as well. You might just find it in bottles at the smaller ones too...

But plastic, not glass, sorry....

C'mon Bri-----all us old guys know---pop was best outta that water cooler in a glass bottle----Pepsi or RC Cola

A dream I have is to just drive an old pick up through the country--say early 60's---shifter on da floor

Summer day----elbow out the window---just cruise

C'mon Bri-----all us old guys know---pop was best outta that water cooler in a glass bottle----Pepsi or RC Cola

A dream I have is to just drive an old pick up through the country--say early 60's---shifter on da floor

Summer day----elbow out the window---just cruise

Ok,you just made me feel young again Terrance. :rofl2:

Anyone see the drink "TAB" around? :lol:

I remember several years ago I went to the Domican Republic and took a bottle of vodka with me. I figured I could buy some sprite at the main gift shop of my hotel. Well, lets just say, the gift shop lacked many things, and when I asked for Sprite or 7-Up and explained the reason why, they went to the back room and brought back a dusty 24 pack of "Teem" bottles, the green ones with the dimples in them. It tasted fine but I had not seem them since my youth. Anyone remember Teem?

I remember several years ago I went to the Domican Republic and took a bottle of vodka with me. I figured I could buy some sprite at the main gift shop of my hotel. Well, lets just say, the gift shop lacked many things, and when I asked for Sprite or 7-Up and explained the reason why, they went to the back room and brought back a dusty 24 pack of "Teem" bottles, the green ones with the dimples in them. It tasted fine but I had not seem them since my youth. Anyone remember Teem?

Yeah---those must have been well aged

---pop was best outta that water cooler in a glass bottle

I remember back when we we're kids every once in awhile we'd get a very rare green bottle outta the COKE vending machine and always considered that a bonus...for some unknown reason that long ago escaped me :lol:

We always called them American bottles but I have no idea why.

Seems to me we payed a whopping .07 cents for a COKE back then too.

If you remember Teem, you remember Wink. :)

As a kid there were only 2 places to really get a good Verner's. At the Ex and at Eaton's Annex, bsmt level. You still got it poured out from the keg in the 60's and early 70's

The ice cream waffles at the Annex and the Ex were damn good too!! :good: Boy do I miss that kinda stuff.

I remember 'em all, but Verner's was a breed apart!

That said, as a tyke, I used to love getting one of those little (absolutely freezing) bottles of Coke from the vending machine....

You mean the old water filled pop coolers. Fingers would be chilled in a minute. Oh the days of running up to Gerry Bye's or Tolles and picking my 6 pack from the cooler and a pocket full of penny candies.

Yeah Vernors had a taste apart from the rest

Now it reminds us of simpler times-----bamboo fishin poles---and Saturday night on the steps of the General Store in the summer---listening to the farm stories---and the crickets chirp

Yeah Vernors had a taste apart from the rest

Now it reminds us of simpler times-----bamboo fishin poles---and Saturday night on the steps of the General Store in the summer---listening to the farm stories---and the crickets chirp

A Zebco spincaster, later, a Mitchell 300.....

Edited by backbay

I'm too young (thank God) to remember the 70's and most of the nostalgia that went with it.

But I do remember, and LOVE, drinking soda from glass bottles when I was younger. Which is kinda funny - because now I LOVE drinking my beer out of glass bottles LOL