Was fishing orangeville reservoir to get ready for next week's tournament yesterday. We were out of the house by 6:30, launched the canoe by 7:45 and fishing by 8.

Wind was fairly calm and put us into a nice drift through the islands worms, topwaters and flipping crays weren't working so I started burning a white spinnerbait across the weedbeds. Then around 9:30 fish on! I was expecting a 1.5-2.5 pound bass based on the fight but when it got to the surface I realized I had completed my 10 year quest and finally caught a pike! A scrappy guy around 20" but never the less a pike!

photo.jpg

He's off with lots of energy in about a minute and I start casting again. 2 casts later and I have another fish on! this one's a fighter he takes most of my rod under the boat to keep it on, and another pike!

photo-1.jpg

With no action except for a 3 pound largemouth (no pics) we moved down to do a little shore fishing at conestoga dam and witnessed some kids land two 25"+ walleye, I reminded them that they had to be realeased and they actually seemed eager to do the right thing! thumbsup_anim.gif After that we headed to little lake in cambridge for some top water bass, after no action I decided to go to the old hook and worm for some fun with bluegill then finished the day off with this little guy.

photo-2.jpg

photo.JPG

you should drop hints that watching you fish would be much more comfortable for her in a full console Lund wink.gif

rofl2.gif. That one made me laugh out loud.

Congrats on your first pike Christopher. It'll only get better from here. Nice report and good luck in the tourney.

you should drop hints that watching you fish would be much more comfortable for her in a full console Lund ;)

She had better realize that soon enough! Canoes are nice for backcountry and small rivers but taking it out in places like rice lake ( with no keel I might add) is just borderline insane. :canadian: