My second natural rainbow

misfish

First off,HAPPY FATHERS DAY to my pop and all you fathers out there.

Yesterday,I went for a drive to find some new running waters.Took the fly rod with me. My fly of choice was the olive cadis. Not to small and not too big.

008-5.jpg

I missed one fish. I couldnt believe I couldnt get fish in these waters. It looked so prime.

003-14.jpg

004-8.jpg

006-6.jpg

Found these little imprints.Little baby deer tracks. Wish I could of seen him/her.

005-12.jpg

Today I headed back,but to another section of the river, armed with my ultra light,spooled with 4 pound and choice of spinner was,the black w/orange spots,Panther Martin. Quickly I got 2 small smolts.

There was so much beautiful water again.

001-9.jpg

003-15.jpg

002-14.jpg

I hit this one area with fast flowing water. I was rewarded with a nice natural rainbow. Quick pic,and swam away to fight another day.

004-9.jpg

Had to be back early. Got burgers to make up and salads.Kiddies are coming over for lunch.

All you fathers have a great day.

Edited by Misfish

I wish we actually had a nice river with real resident bows. We almost did, we had a contract with Alberta to bring in bow river eggs for the Grand above Belwood Lake but then whirling disease hit the rockies and that was the end of that I guess now its the odd fish that doesn't smolt out or nothing

Careful it's not that hogweed Brian---not kiddin

Did some research,and it does look like it Terrance. There seems to be a site to report such findings.I sent the pictures off to them and location.

great way to spend fathers day

even with all the walking

Thanks bud. The walking is so much easier now.It,s the slippery rocks,that get your attention,REAL FAST. :w00t:

I wish we actually had a nice river with real resident bows. We almost did, we had a contract with Alberta to bring in bow river eggs for the Grand above Belwood Lake but then whirling disease hit the rockies and that was the end of that I guess now its the odd fish that doesn't smolt out or nothing

I seen alot of smolts this morning.Many were behind this laying/floating log,that was like a feeder chute,and they were surfacing and jumpimg at small insects. I had numourous hits today as well. This river seems very healty IMO. Im still waiting to get my first reasonable brown still.

First and foremost, Happy Fathers Day to you too Brian :) I too been following your stream side adventures and must say that, for a guy that has been away from it for some time, you certainly are having some soulful times and getting back into the beat along the water banks :thumbsup_anim:B)

Great job on the bow :good: She's a beaut B)

Keep them reports coming!

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

PS. If you want I can make a little video with your pics... have a good tune to go with it :) ELP comes to mind :whistling:;):)

PS. If you want I can make a little video with your pics... have a good tune to go with it ELP comes to mind

Thanks Jaq for the kind words.

I have a couple more outing first, before I want to put a vid together.

Good stuff. Do you use a strike indicator? They help in presenting the fly to the right depth, not to mention...indicating strikes. Also, you can add 1 or 2 small shots in faster flows to help get it down quicker.

I bet you'd find some browns and/or brookies if you moved upstream into some headwater stretches :thumbsup_anim:

Good stuff. Do you use a strike indicator? They help in presenting the fly to the right depth, not to mention...indicating strikes. Also, you can add 1 or 2 small shots in faster flows to help get it down quicker.

I bet you'd find some browns and/or brookies if you moved upstream into some headwater stretches :thumbsup_anim:

I pretty much use the loop at the end of my main line to detect a strike..Lots of times,I can feel the strike.Lots of short strikes. I have coverd alot of water the last two months. Im still relearning how to read of the water.

I would say that's hogweed for sure brian. Stay the hell away from that stuff. Very, very nasty stuff!!

Great lookin water there bud. The stream fishing is keeping ya busy. I'm sure it clears the mind as well.

Oh ya, happy fathers day!

S.