I agree with Sqiud!!!

Even if there is flaming I would not shut it down. This issue is akin to enviromental terrorism in my humble opinion. The great lakes watershed is spending millions trying to keep the asian carp out of the lakes and then we have some ignorant folks dumping live fish into our ecosystem!! Please this needs discussion not censorship. It high time that the communities responsible for this stand up and go after their kin and educate-slap them into reality that this is not their home country where anything goes!! Does not matter where these folks are from, it applies to every nationality.

I'll get shot for this, but here it goes. The problem is this countries government..

We let these great big ocean liners enter our waterways and let them dump thier ballast releasing

hitch hikers from other countries in our water ways.

If our governemt had 1/2 a brain there would be legislation to prevent this act with serious concequences. The ships should be forced to hold the ballast until it is a safe distance from our ports

or to dump long before they are in our ports. So they either come in full or empty either way we could tell if they were dumped near our waterways.

I call for fines large enough to hurt the parent companies and jail time 10+ years for capitans of these vessels that dump in our ports.

As for the people that sparked this conversation. 1 answer JAIL TIME!!!, FINES!!! and confiscation of the vehicle used to get there, fines against the person & business.

So sick our weak laws and governemt!!!

Edited by RangerGuy

I call for fines large enough to hurt the parent companies and jail time 10+ years for capitans of these vessels that dump in our ports.

Agree. Unfortunately, I don't forsee heavy fines for industrial polluters coming from a government that is currently in the process of watering down our environmental protection laws, muzzling their own environmental oversight bodies or otherwise shutting them down entirely, restricting the ability of non-profit environmental watchdogs to raise funds, and labelling any public entity that shows concern for the environment as "terrorists," all done as a thinly disguised reach-around to the oil industry so that they can be free to build their pipelines without having to worry about such minor annoyances as overwhelming public disapproval or the resulting contamination and destruction of wildlife habitat.

Agree. Unfortunately, I don't forsee heavy fines for industrial polluters coming from a government that is currently in the process of watering down our environmental protection laws, muzzling their own environmental oversight bodies or otherwise shutting them down entirely, restricting the ability of non-profit environmental watchdogs to raise funds, and labelling any public entity that shows concern for the environment as "terrorists," all done as a thinly disguised reach-around to the oil industry so that they can be free to build their pipelines without having to worry about such minor annoyances as overwhelming public disapproval or the resulting contamination and destruction of wildlife habitat.

YYYYYUP :clapping:

YUP!

BTW... you did that without using one period... impressive!

HH

The problem isn't lack of legislation- it's the lack of enforcement. You can't have enforcement without proper staff to enforce the laws. We have governments that continually cut back on front line workers because it would inconvenience their corporate friends. The Federal, Provincial and Municipal governments have destroyed the confidence in public service. Every public sector worker in under attack because no one wants to talk about the value that they provide. You can't do more with less no matter who is doing the job and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that. All you have to is quit drinking their koolaid!!

Even if there is flaming I would not shut it down. This issue is akin to enviromental terrorism in my humble opinion. The great lakes watershed is spending millions trying to keep the asian carp out of the lakes and then we have some ignorant folks dumping live fish into our ecosystem!! Please this needs discussion not censorship. It high time that the communities responsible for this stand up and go after their kin and educate-slap them into reality that this is not their home country where anything goes!! Does not matter where these folks are from, it applies to every nationality.

Amen Squid, well said!

A growing body of psychology research shows that incompetence deprives people of the ability to recognize their own incompetence. To put it bluntly, dumb people are too dumb to know it. Similarly, unfunny people don't have a good enough sense of humor to tell.

...need i say more!!!!

OK Unbelievable

Well boys--the fisheries act just got lost in the parliament vote---now they're working on our oas to 67

So--I'm watching Cons MP Ted Menzies--tell Canada--they don't care about creeks with suckers in them----I'll leave my thoughts to your imagination

So I have a Canadian Flag at the front of my house---I'm torn wether to fly it at half mast as Canadian Values have just been sold

Or fly it upside down as a signal of distress

Think I'm gonna pour a glass a toast the country I used to know

Good Night