Lund reno pt.4

Jigger

Well the overhaul continues. I haven't had time to do much lately, but the warm weather and open schedule yesterday gave me an opportunity to get thing going again. Pulled out the decking and carpet and got to work. I did have time the other day to install a bilge pump. Instead of poking a hole through the hull, I just ran it in the raintrough...

Picture274.jpg

Sorry no pics with the electrical but the batteries died and I just wanted to finish it. Heres some pics of yesterdays fun...

Picture279.jpg

I'll spare you the cuts and glue and staples and just give you the look from the bottom. I didn't want a seam on the front deck so I got a little brave and tried it in one piece...

Picture290.jpg

The rear deck...

Picture280.jpg

I used a couple of CrazyCarpets as runners to get the rear deck in place. Also pre-drilled an access hole for the fish finder cables to go through...

Picture282.jpg

Picture283.jpg

So heres where its at right now. My wife says it looks like a magnet. Perhaps a good name for the boat?

Picture289.jpg

Picture288.jpg

Theres a visible ridge where the two deck sections meet, that will dissapear when it gets screwed in...

Picture287.jpg

Picture284.jpg

So there it is at this point. I wanted to carpet the doors today, but I left the trowel out overnight :wallbash: and its not useable. So I've got it soaking right now and will get to cleaning it off later. Hopefully I can get the doors done tomorrow and then all thats left are the seats and trolling motor.

Thanks for reading, I hope you have as much fun following this little adventure as much as I am writing it.

Wow, that was quick guys! If you look in the last pic, you can just see the edge of the support angle there. 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 angle. Theres still a some flex because of the span, but the only one I need to reinforce is the side wher the seat is going. Thanks again!

Thanks guys. I did some work on one of the doors tonight, I'm really starting to get pumped! I'm making the push to have it ready to hold some lakers this weekend. Theres still a good bit of work to go, but I've got until Saturday morning so I'll work on it at the cottage on Friday night if I have to. Thanks again.

grt1, its a 1997 14ft Laker model.

Entropy, I get such a great feeling(as I'm sure the rest of you do!) when the boat gets on plane the first time... Yeah, I'm really exited!

Glen, its just regular 5/8 floor ply.

Fishindevil, I didn't want to botch anything. The material was too expensive to mess up :lol: