Evening Bite with the Kids

It was such an awesome day today that I decided we had no choice but hammer back supper and run down to the lake for the evening bite before bed! :thumbsup_anim: We tried the trout thing for a few minutes but the kids weren't patient enough so off we went in search of panfish! We caught a whole slew of fish and the kids had a great evening out on the lake... we made it home 1hr and 15 minutes past bedtime... oops :whistling: ... the kids got off easy but me not so much haha ah well... it was worth it!

Averie was first to put a fish on the board

IMG_0798.jpg

Luke followed up with a little rockie... he's just now starting to hold fish!

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

Averie's got the rockbass hold down pat

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

Personal best largie doesn't count because it's Out of season... she's 5 and wanted a pic so close your eyes if you don't want to see it :)

IMG_0814.jpg

Fearless and focused lol

IMG_0820.jpg

I lost a personal best perch boatside and the kids caught a bunch of decent ones as well

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0827-1.jpg

The kids didn't think I'd jump in so I had to prove them wrong... water was in the low 50's talk about refreshing

75213_10150695538781580_502461579_9833692_565598543_n.jpg

306193_10150695538896580_502461579_9833694_712334750_n.jpg

Anyways - we had a great few hours on the lake. Looking forward to doing it with them again soon!

Cheers,

Ryan, Averie and Luke

Awesome! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks dude!

Great stuff buddy!!!

That's two PB perch lost there in two nights.

Hope you didn't get in too much trouble, you are turning Averie and Luke into awesome little fisherpeople :thumbsup_anim:

Here's the kicker Frank - It was a male perch and he was "peeing" all over...I thought I had him pinned real well so I put him over the side of the boat for a second and he came unbuttoned... :wallbash:

I thought I had him pinned real well so I put him over the side of the boat for a second and he came unbuttoned... :wallbash:

If I recall correctly, you did the same thing on the weekend while trying to take a picture. :D Awesome report Ryan, everyone looked like they had a great time even if you were a bit late getting the kids home. Look on the bright side, you've got lots of company in the dog house.

Ryan, rules were sometimes meant to be broken.

Keeping the kids out late, or pulling them from school was a regular thing in our home.

If it means you and your kids are having fun together, and getting in some precious bonding time time.... WHO CARES WHAT THE RULES ARE. Enjoy every precious minute of it.

Great job on getting the kids out fishing! Wish I would have known my 2 step daughters when they were younger. I ask them to go fishing now and I just get that look, why would I want to do that. Jumping in the water to prove the kids wrong sounds like something I would do. Thanks for sharing.

LTF

Ryan....dont you dare do that again!

I was scrolling through the pics just fine then this glowing white demon ghost with a wild eyed stare scared the bjayzus outta me!!!! :whistling:

ABSOLUTELY MY FAVORITE POST EVER! (so good I even spelt 'favourite' the North American way!)

What a team! How old is Luke? 3? Jack wont go near a fish....lol. Maybe dad needs to catch more when he's out.

Absolutely loving the pic of Avery up by the trolling motor.....Luke has a fantastic tutor right there.

WAY TO GO DAD....AWESOMENESS!