Caves Run lake Kentucky

cowanjo

HI guys and gals, if you are like me sitting around and sharpening lures was driving me crazy waiting for the season too open, we therefore decided we should drive to Kentucky last Thursday Night (11 hours) and fish for three days and return. The biggest problem was after deciding to go we found out there was a big fishing tourney on the lake. 75 boats two anglers in each- we decided not to enter at $700 a team. So pretty crowded but we met some unbelievable nice people who helped us out, in the end the tourney caught on saturday and Sunday 61 fish total.

Anyway so my mate gary and I headed to Kentucky with no real knowledge of the lake, a good solid plan however to chase spring musky - water temp down there was 63.5 - got up to 67 - we threw Handlebarz and Red Octobers - was tough fishing lake is clear with some weeds (In one area and then loads of timber - In the end we caught two - both on Sunday - we lost a fish on friday and Saturday

Here are some of the big girls from the south.

2012-04-29_07-52-18_881-1.jpg

2012-04-29_20-12-54_936.jpg

Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands! Good for you to create some opportunities for yourself rather than sitting around wishing otherwise. And then, to go out on a tourney day with no real knowledge of that waterbody and get a couple of beauties like that? Well done sir, hats off to you!

Nice to see the pics John I was waiting since you sent me the text over the weekend congrats on a great time away. Also for getting into some slime south of the boarder during the tournament that would have been some tough fishing conditions. I have thought of heading down one of these winters to fish with Tony Grant or another as they are very reasonable fishing packages for there during the winter months something like $500 for a weekend with lodging its almost cheaper then hauling the boat down but not as rewarding as just looking at the map and heading out fishing.

Once again Congrats John