Huron Trib Steelhead Report

solopaddler

Well, with prospects for some decent steelheading being pretty grim for the lake Ontario trib's, I decided to head north today.

It was a solo trip as the rest of my friends had this annoying "work" thing getting in the way. :D

Anyhow, since I'm so wiped out I'm not going to get too wordy here.

All in all it was a very decent day. The weather was amazing and I went 6 for 8 on the fish with some very long and epic battles.

At one point I had a beauty fish in the 15lb class beached at my feet. I grabbed the tippet with one hand while I fumbled for the camera, she lunged and got off :angry:

So no pic's of the big one, you'll have to take me at my word. ;)

100_0926-1.jpg

100_0927.jpg

100_0929.jpg

100_0928.jpg

100_0934.jpg

Copyof100_0936.jpg

100_0938.jpg

100_0930.jpg

100_0939.jpg

100_0933.jpg

100_0935.jpg

Cheers, Mike

Saugeen Rules!!!!!! All those fish picks from Lake Ontario tribs were beginning to piss of the West Coast of Ontario. Now our big rivers are fishable, we can share some success. The past two days I've gone 5for5 for steel, 4 x 2-3lb silver snot rockets and 1 x 6lb drop back hen, plus 2 suckers. I won't be fishing the weekends as the crowds are worse, so I get my time on the river when I work nights, and go out mid week.

That's the worst dam! I wish the fish ladders were better, so more fish could get up it. At least Darryl Cronzy has helped to start up a trout stocking program on the river and the Kincardine hatchery as already taken some eggs and sperm to get the stocking program going! Going to make it into one of the best trout rivers on the East Coast of North America we hope!!!!

Good fishing forum is GreyBruceOutdoors.com lots of Huron and GeoBay rivers on it!

Ah Denny's , these pictures really hurt !! . I bet you were dreaming of fishing that pool when you were there !!! Come opening morning it has more people on it than a Union station Subway at 8:30AM !!! Its the only pool you can fish opening morning with 1000 guys and not have to hear one of them bickering and complaining...gotta love Denny's roar !!

Great report Mike,

Do I recognize that grip? Looks like one of Dom's creations??? Very sharp indeed.

Harv

How in the heck did you know that?! LOL!

You must be a member of the Quest Board!

If you're not, then VERY good eye. It's not like Domenic Frederico is a household name! :D

nice work.

as a newbie i can't wait to be able to have a day like that....

but that's the good part. with all the miles & tangles you put in as a newbie, it will likely be years before i feel i've accomplished what i want.

-d-

That was a very cool report. Thanks solopaddler. I just look at reports like that in absolute awe. To be honest I have no idea how to fish salmonidae at all. I just try to pick up little tidbits of info and store them away each time. So, if you could, throw in a little extra help for "us dum dums", like what you caught it on,technique etc. I'm sure judging from your success that even some of those who have experience could learn something from you. By the way,beauty pics too! :worthy: