Fishing in Toronto

SirWhite

There is a lot of waterfront for you to start combing. Should take you a good 2 months of weekends staring at the mouth of the Rouge and working west to Etobicoke creek. Amazing what you will find if you keep an open mind and have more than one game plan.

Getting info on fishing an area that is easily accesible to millions of people on an online forum may be tough. I have done a bit of shore fishing in the GTA in the past. I did online searches and did a lot of footwork before I even experienced moderate success. If you are willing to go out and experiment on a regular basis you will eventually have some success, but you will have to work for it.

Another way is to find someone with experiece and go out with them.

Is shore fishing possible on Lake Ontario in the Toronto Area?

I've heard there's Pike and Smallmouth from shore at Bluffers Park.

But only in spring?

Yes! There's Pike in Feb/March (when the lake warms above 40ish) and in the Fall you can get monster pike all along the harbourfront! If you're focusing on toronto shore fishing, have a look at MikeH's website http://fishontoronto.com/

MikeH has some amazing must-reads for anybody doing the urban fishing thing.

Edited by MichaelAngelo

What made you think it's HIS website?

I think it's because a common unethical promotional tactic is pretending to post something of yours as an independent 3rd party. But nope, it's not my website. Read up on urban light fishing. He also outlines some locations around the islands.

I think it's because a common unethical promotional tactic is pretending to post something of yours as an independent 3rd party. But nope, it's not my website. Read up on urban light fishing. He also outlines some locations around the islands.

I think it's time for you to retract. We don't mind people advertising their site here at times but this osf, fot, off stuff will have to stop. It's getting a little spammy in here, and quite frankly, more than a little annoying. If you want your own site, go knock yourself out just don't pretend to be someone else.

I think it's time for you to retract. We don't mind people advertising their site here at times but this osf, fot, off stuff will have to stop. It's getting a little spammy in here, and quite frankly, more than a little annoying. If you want your own site, go knock yourself out just don't pretend to be someone else.

Hi Roy,

I'm being very serious. Fish on Toronto is not me, it's MikeH. He is a real guy and a different guy operating an independent site. Not sure what you mean by spammy, could you clarify?

Why did you mention OFF?

Hi Roy,

I'm being very serious. Fish on Toronto is not me, it's MikeH. He is a real guy and a different guy operating an independent site. Not sure what you mean by spammy, could you clarify?

Why did you mention OFF?

I'll clarify just this one time. Clicking on 'fish on toronto' gives you nothing to read but a link to your site. Your site!

Cant you check the user IP's and registration emails to confirm that we are two different people?

If it bugs you that much just delete the reference to my blog, it's not aimed at the calibre of fisherman you have here anyway, it's more for people trying to get started. Stuff like "dont bother fishing for Pike in the shallows in August" etc....

I'll clarify just this one time. Clicking on 'fish on toronto' gives you nothing to read but a link to your site. Your site!

Thanks for clarifying. MikeH's site links to mine but it is indeed not me. On my homepage I link to OFC, OFF, and a myriad of other sites. It doesn't mean that they're my sites.

I found MikeH's articles a few months back and found them to be quite insightful. That's why I replied to this thread here today with a link to his site. This is all I wanted to do, to help somebody looking for more info about fishing Toronto by sharing what I've found.

Edited by MichaelAngelo

This is all I wanted to do, to help somebody looking for more info about fishing Toronto by sharing what I've found.

Bollocks!!

Wanna learn?? Take a bike, go east or west off lakeshore and cast to some likely spots. All kinds of opportunities and fish could be anywhere. Respect other shore anglers and keep it to yourself.

Bollocks!!

Wanna learn?? Take a bike, go east or west off lakeshore and cast to some likely spots. All kinds of opportunities and fish could be anywhere. Respect other shore anglers and keep it to yourself.

I'm inclined to agree. When you're dealing with limited fishing areas surrounded by millions of people, the last thing you want is the areas you worked hard to find to be encroached on by arm chair fishermen, and those who for some reason live off dirty toronto fish. No problem to provide a few general starting points (nothing secret about the islands) but keep the specifics to yourself.