Okuma ma ya ya

misfish

Like I said ,I plan on fishing 5 days on the riv and this is day 3 and it was a great snowy day. I didn,t hear back from a fellow member,so I jumped on an invite from another.

I had spooled up my new Okuma raw for it,s first outing. Attached it to my fav rod.It,s got alot of JohnF mojo.

We arrived,well I arrived very early,but the snow was getting wrose as the morning came,and my invitie was a bit behind. Once all was set,we made the long walk . I was told it was a long walk,but he failed to say it was through bush,that even a deer wouldnt walk through. LOL.

When we finaly got to the spot,I was in awe. Simply a sweet piece of riv to fish. Hook on a sac, and start drifting. Second drift,wham. Just as I say fish on,I hear,double header. SWEET. Both managed to land our fish.He quickly released his and I with a quick pic,released aswell.

steel005-1.jpg

My friend, seemed to be at the best part of the hole,as he was catching a fish about every 10 drifts. I missed 2 and then landed my PB on a pin. It wasn,t a brute,but I finally let the rod do the work and it did.After a couple of runs to the other side of the bank,and near some WOOD LOL Bill :sarcasm: , I gave a quick look up above like I have always done since using this rod,and got the fish to the bank. I should of held it more to the side,but it is my biggest so far. Good practice for the next bigger one.

steel009.jpg

Time was short for my friend,so it was an early exit. Good thing,the drive back was hell. What happen to the snow changing to rain? :unsure: He said I could stay,but I didnt feel comfortable with staying on a introduced spot for the first time.Plus,I would of gotten lost trying to find my way back. Snow was coming down so hard,our tracks were gone when we headed out. :w00t:

As for the new Okuma raw. it is one nice smooth real,and I like the knob to set the clicker.Just turn it,not like the others I have that you have to flip the little nub. Pain some times IMO.

What does Sunday hold? We will see. Im stoked and am getting my fix.

Thanks for reading,and thank you to my member friend for the invite. :thumbsup_anim:

One thing I forgot to mention. Thos light wadders I wore today. Lets just say,dont try to go down a hill on yer butt. Slid like a krazy carpet,and almost went in for a dunk in the river. :rofl2::w00t: If it wasnt for the long walk,I would of worn neoprenes. :oops: