Another new Sail

pikehunter

Are they that bad to do business with? I've never been to a Sail yet.

I don't know I have never been either but if I recall right they just over hire and then drop people like nothing. I believe it was Stoty that made a post about it happening to him and others chimmed in on there store not being that great.

Edited by Live2fish85

I don't know I have never been either but if I recall right they just over hore and then drop people like nothing. I believe it was Stoty that made a post about it happening to him and others chimmed in on there store not being that great.

Big box retail, I don't know why anyone is surprised. Happens all the time, especially during the Xmas season.

I didn't say I was suprised. An I know big stores like that drop people like nothing but they tend to drop the wrong people. I can't stand bass pro. The service there is garbage and half the clowns don't know there butts from a hole in the ground. Around christmas its common and known and it is also franchises not just big box store that over hire. That is expected. But regardless I would work at the store if I need a quick easy job. Like I do now.

Edited by aplumma

I didn't say I was suprised. An I know big stores like that drop people like nothing but they tend to drop the wrong people. I can't stand bass pro. The service there is garbage and half the clowns don't know there As#es from a hole in the ground. Around christmas its common and known and it is also franchises not just big box store that over hire. That is expected. But regardless I would work at the store if I need a quick easy job. Like I do now.

I really don't rely on the sales people too much to be honest (Except for asking them where a specific item is).. I'm only worried about selection and price.. Retail is a cut throat business.

I really don't rely on the sales people too much to be honest (Except for asking them where a specific item is).. I'm only worried about selection and price.. Retail is a cut throat business.

I don't rely on them either for there knowledge or lack of. I can read and figure things out on my own or will ask someone i know with more knowledge of what I am after to give me some points. Any time I am at bass pro to pick something up and I ask where it is they look at you like your talking some foreign language. Also if your lookig for a good price tag bass pro generally isn't the place to go. Last time I got gift cards for bass pro I sold them to a cousin who likes it there and used the cash at a local shop.

Also when I say knowledge or lack of, I am talking about the Bass Pro sales workers maybe not all but I have never talked to anyone with fishing knowledge. As for the local shop sales people I know a few friends that know a lot of things and have been helped alot by them. I wouldn't have caught half the trout without one friends knowledge.

Edited by Live2fish85

According to the postal code it should be right here.

map

And they are looking for help. So if anyone else is looking check them out.

Right across the highway from MEC!

I'll certainly go and check it out when it opens, haven't been to the Vaughan store yet.

I thought there was a good job oppertunity all tho maybe a short one right here on the board with the Tshirt sales thread for some one to do the admids , , sounds to me like you might want to check and fallow that thread up Timex . It might be the perfect thing for you but what do i know .

Right across the highway from MEC!

I'll certainly go and check it out when it opens, haven't been to the Vaughan store yet.

I love MEC, hopefully it doesn't take it out of business if it is indeed opening up across from it.

I didn't say I was suprised. An I know big stores like that drop people like nothing but they tend to drop the wrong people. I can't stand bass pro. The service there is garbage and half the clowns don't know there butts from a hole in the ground. Around christmas its common and known and it is also franchises not just big box store that over hire. That is expected. But regardless I would work at the store if I need a quick easy job. Like I do now.

Here is my experience with my local Sail. They may not have the selection i am looking for all the time, but the guys in the fishing department, have been there since they opened 3 years ago.I see alot of new faces there around Christmas, but they are all temps.They have a Bass guy, a Walleye guy,a fly guy, and a Musky guy, and i have spoken and gotten to know all of them.

They agree with me on the selection, but when no one is looking, they will tell me where to find what i need.whistling.gif I have suggested items, and in a month or 2, they are on the shelves.

I will go there sometimes just to talk with one of them, and i love their un announced specials, like Abu Vendettas for 55 bucks, and my Okuma Convector cv30 linecounter for 74.95.

Not the best tackle store in the world, but not the worst either.

Just my opinion Chris.

Paul

Here is my experience with my local Sail. They may not have the selection i am looking for all the time, but the guys in the fishing department, have been there since they opened 3 years ago.I see alot of new faces there around Christmas, but they are all temps.They have a Bass guy, a Walleye guy,a fly guy, and a Musky guy, and i have spoken and gotten to know all of them.

They agree with me on the selection, but when no one is looking, they will tell me where to find what i need.whistling.gif I have suggested items, and in a month or 2, they are on the shelves.

I will go there sometimes just to talk with one of them, and i love their un announced specials, like Abu Vendettas for 55 bucks, and my Okuma Convector cv30 linecounter for 74.95.

Not the best tackle store in the world, but not the worst either.

Just my opinion Chris.

Paul

Paul I wasn't saying anything negative about Sail, I have never been there and it seems they hire people with knowledge of what they are selling. Which is what makes a store good. That is why I can't stand Bass Pro. Asked a couple people where there Silver Mepps where and looked at me like a moron. Then I found them myself. There prices are also not that great. Rods are always more money then the local shops around here. I think I will always support my local shops over the big name stores but I would work there and the one coming soon is not to far from me. Who knows if Sail has a knowledgeable person or two for the species specific then that's great. Who knows maybe I could be a bass guy. All I can say is I hope they are better then Bass Pro Shop.

My son works part-time at the Vaughan store. As Paul stated earlier, it may not be the best fishing/outdoors store there is but, its certainly not the worst. I find the selection reasonable and the prices better than most.

My son's dream was to work at Bass Pro but given his young age he couldn't get a job there. He ended up getting hired by Sail and has enjoyed his job so far. Yes, they let a few guys go but they have kept him on.

He has a passion for the sport and an even greater passion to share his knowledge with others. I'm proud of his accomplishments and his knowledge of the sport at such a young age. Is he knowledgeable enough to help others? Well, just ask the guys who fished with him on Saturday's GTG on Lake Nippising. :whistling:

Cheers.

My son works part-time at the Vaughan store. As Paul stated earlier, it may not be the best fishing/outdoors store there is but, its certainly not the worst. I find the selection reasonable and the prices better than most.

My son's dream was to work at Bass Pro but given his young age he couldn't get a job there. He ended up getting hired by Sail and has enjoyed his job so far. Yes, they let a few guys go but they have kept him on.

He has a passion for the sport and an even greater passion to share his knowledge with others. I'm proud of his accomplishments and his knowledge of the sport at such a young age. Is he knowledgeable enough to help others? Well, just ask the guys who fished with him on Saturday's GTG on Lake Nippising. whistling.gif

Cheers.

Haha just watch the video where everyone was asking him what he was using laugh.gif

Have been to the 7and 400 sail store,as much as I'm not the best supporter for bass pro ,the greater selection at bass pro shop in the close area,I much prefer dropping by bp just because of the better selection if nothing more.The store is nice but??????????????.not doing it for me.

Ya, that was kinda funny. I was one of them w00t.gif

I didnt realize he was your son.I guess i didnt pay attention to the other posts.

A strapping youg fellow!!Really knows his stuff too.

Theres a young guy, Max Chabot, who works at Sail here.You can see the love of the sport in his eyes when you talk to him.You usually see him in here when Berkley B1 is looking for scruteneers.

Nice young ladclapping.gif

Ididn'tt realize he was your son.I guess ididn'tt pay attention to the other posts.

A strappinyoungug fellow!!Really knows his stuff too.

Theres a young guy, Max Chabot, who works at Sail here.You can see the love of the sport in his eyes when you talk to him.You usually see him in here when Berkley B1 is looking for scruteneers.

Nice young ladclapping.gif

Thanks Paul, he's my "little" guy. I've taken him fishing (along with his older sisters) since he was able to stand up and hold his own rod. I've told people that he knows more about the sport now than I did a twice his age. I don't know how he does it, but somehow he finds a way to catch fish when every else around his is getting skunked (including me).

It's funny watching him do his thing in that Sail vest and getting paid for something he normally does for free.......helping others. He used to go to Bass Pro and help other guys for free. It truly is a passion with him. I can only take credit for introducing him to the sport.

Edited by motion