Speckle Hunt 2012 - Part Three

Leecher

After last weekends skunking and a real disappointment ... was looking forward to today :) Weather wise, it was looking good, but a cold one again, minus a couple of degrees :w00t::lol:

-20C with windchill -28C actually :w00t: Ah well, went ahead and booked the day off and went fishing B):D Dreamed of landing some beauties over night and today, got into some nice ones.... but, with all my reports, details first :P

I left home around 7h30am and temp was -17C with windchill -27C :w00t: North West winds at 22km/h, humidity at 65%.... well when I got to destination it was -21C and didn't know the wind factor but it was cold :o

A snow storm had gone thru the valley last night and drop some heavy snow further north... All this to say that I had to brake trail to get to my spot :w00t: Here's a shot from the lake

DSC07433.jpg

As you can see, lots of snow had fallen :o So I punched 4 holes and got setup... here's a closer look of my office space :lol:

First couple of rods

DSC07434.jpg

The other two

DSC07435.jpg

Closer look of number 4

DSC07436.jpg

Went 7 for 11 and what worked well, was the salties and Gulp paste in pink on a dead stick :) Nothing on jigging :o First time trying the paste and was real surprised at how easy it was to cover the entire hook :thumbsup_anim:

Here's the group hug!!!

DSC07441.jpg

Biggest was 12 3/4"... got the first 3 in 15 minutes and then #4 & 5 was a double header on the dead stick :worthy:B) Wasn't quick enough with the camera :wallbash:

But after that, couldn't leave you high & dry so made a video to explain the details of my setup and got a surprise as I was explaining :w00t: you just have to watch it and crank up the volume to hear me talking :lol:

All in all, drove 4 hours, fished for 4 and got into some beauties :)

Bait of choice was, salties & Gulp paste in pink on dead stick, Macho minnow tipped with Gulp fish fry in white and 1/4oz chartreuse jig with grub & tipped with 1" Gulp minnow :)

Enjoy!

Leechman

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid732.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fww321%2Fleechman1%2FIce%2520Fishing%25202012%2FSpeckle%2520Hunt%2520Jan%252020%25202012%2FIceFishingJan202012.mp4">

Do you fish that spot in the summer too? I think I recognize it from one of your summer posts.

Great video, very cool to see you pull a fish up! I've never tried that paste before, I'll have to try it the next time I'm hunting for specs.

mmmm la truite mouchete!

Edited by Rod Caster

Do you fish that spot in the summer too? I think I recognize it from one of your summer posts.

Great video, very cool to see you pull a fish up! I've never tried that paste before, I'll have to try it the next time I'm hunting for specs.

mmmm la truite mouchete!

Yes I do Chad :) Same spot B) Thanks!!! First time using paste and it works real well! It comes in 2 colours (pink & chartreuse). Give it a try, you won't regret it!

Nice report Jacques!!!! Looks like a pretty cold day.Nothing better than flash frozen fishiesclapping.gif

Thanks Paul!!! It was cold with the wind gusting constantly... it didn't take long for the fish to freeze that's for sure :o

Great stuff, Jacques. I can taste those specks now. Still amazes me that you can use that many lines at once...definitely makes for an efficient setup. :)

Thanks Frankie!!! I can setup 5 up here but yesterday only used 4 :) With that many lines out in this cold temp, it's a lot of work maintaining the holes ice free :o every couple of minutes had to do the rounds :blink:

Man that looks like alot of fun!!!!

I'm jealous...worthy.gif

Thanks Manitou!!!

You are having more luck than us folks down in the banana belt. Well done.

Thanks Bruce!!!

Sweet !!!

Thanks Carp!!!

4 lines eh? Very nice outing there Jaques. Your efforts were nicely rewarded. As Bill Murray said in Caddyshack - you gotta be pleased about that.

Thanks spincast!!! I was happy and pleased to see the bigger ones come out to play :)

wow...now i know where all the snow went!

Great job Jacques....again.

i'm with manitou on this one...jealous!

But pleased for ya bud...awesome season so far....keep up the good work!

Thanks Simon!!! and no kidding :o Lots of snow over here so far... not good for making good ice but what can you do :dunno: Just got to go out there and enjoy :)

Ice was about a foot thick and lots of slush under that layer of snow as you can see on the pics... a couple hours into fishing and slush turned into a slippery path making walking or running a challenge :w00t:

So far so good and really enjoying my season :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again my friend!!!

:good: Nice report(s) jacques

Thanks Vinni!!!

Sweet post Jaques. Keep them coming.

Thanks Dan!!! Another is coming for sure.... uploading the pics but this time it's stealhead and perch :)

Jacques, I fish the Big lakes for Salmon and big Walleye, but you can give me that fishing any day. You are one lucky boy to have that near by. :good:

Thanks for sharing, love the video.

Thanks Fish Farmer!!! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Nice haul there Jacques! I can see that the weather helped to flash freeze the fish for you. I'm sure when you thaw them up in a little butter, they are going to be a nice tasty meal.

Cheers.

Thanks Tony!!! Yeah she was a cold one that day and got rewarded beautifully for my efforts :)B) You bet :thumbsup_anim: