Leafs

muskymatt

And just like a stomach virus its back and predictable. Nice to see another excellent post.

Thank you for making this place a little bit better.

Thanks, I can feel the love... :w00t:

It was out of character for Foligno to do that low check but you have to give him credit for owning up to it.

What happened to all the awesome goaltending the laffs were supposed to have?

Finally the Sens are getting some

I can not wait for your Senators to come plummeting back to Earth, and when they do I will be like Newman at 0:50 of this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zG_PN31YJU

Having said that, MacLean is looking like the Jack Adams Trophy winner.

Too bad. Everyone (including Eugene Melnick) had Ottawa finishing dead last this year and drafting # 1. I was really looking forward to watching Ottawa's #1 pick Nail Yakupov walk away from the Sens to play in the KHL.

I guess it is good for the league though. Not having to play in Ottawa should be enough to keep Yakupov in the NHL.

Bwahahahaha.

Hmmm....it's windy, icy, freeking stupidly cold outside, leafs are out of a playoff spot and the SENS are ahead by 9 points....what a beautiful day!! :clapping:

I did notice that it was very quiet at the ACC during the game. Have the fans already gone into lack of post season submission???

Funny, the Suns Don Brennan referred to it as a morgue.... :rofl2: :rofl2: :w00t: :w00t:

The way I see it, with all the feet leaving, flying elbows, stick up checks Phanoof delivers, he's lucky that hits like Folignos don't happen more often.

Season head to head....

SENS 3, Laffs 1(and it was a lucky win) ;)

First off the leafs played like crap and still out played the sens. Then on top of that the refs were garbage. Spezza should have got goaltender interferrence it never should have been a goal. Then Dion gets a pentaly for the fight give me a break. Also Foligno turtled like a little pansy. I do give him credit for fighting after it but I wouldnt say either won the fight they both looked like a joke in the fight.

Also as for the leafs having great goalies I dont recall hearing that ever they just had a better then crap goalie with Riemer and he was good until he got that concusion. He did play garbage last night specaily letting that 3rd goal in but still should have been in overtime if the refs were half decent.

Edited by Live2fish85

First off the leafs played like crap and still out played the sens. Then on top of that the refs were garbage. Spezza should have got goaltender interferrence it never should have been a goal. Then Dion gets a pentaly for the fight give me a break. Also Foligno turtled like a little pansy. I do give him credit for fighting after it but I wouldnt say either won the fight they both looked like a joke in the fight.

Also as for the leafs having great goalies I dont recall hearing that ever they just had a better then crap goalie with Riemer and he was good until he got that concusion. He did play garbage last night specaily letting that 3rd goal in but still should have been in overtime if the refs were half decent.

I've watched the fight 5 times. Where do you see Foligno turtleing???? Is it somewhere between the uppercut, knocking Phanoofs helmet off and the 3 straight lefts to phanoofs chin????

:clapping:

blah, blah reffs were bad,,,blah,blah, blah Spezza interfered,,blah, blah,,,,, :worthy: :worthy:

:w00t:

You guys had 3 goalies lined up and touted them all as incredible depth in goal....now it's pick the one who will be the least likely to lose.... :rofl2: :rofl2:

I only say that because the sens had goalie problems since day one, but at least we have a team!

I've watched the fight 5 times. Where do you see Foligno turtleing???? Is it somewhere between the uppercut, knocking Phanoofs helmet off and the 3 straight lefts to phanoofs chin????

:clapping:

blah, blah reffs were bad,,,blah,blah, blah Spezza interfered,,blah, blah,,,,, :worthy: :worthy:

:w00t:

You guys had 3 goalies lined up and touted them all as incredible depth in goal....now it's pick the one who will be the least likely to lose.... :rofl2: :rofl2:

I only say that because the sens had goalie problems since day one, but at least we have a team!

You are a moron re-read my post I never said he turtled in the fight it was the hit he turtled from and if you think that he smoked dion then you sure are like a habs fan.

only the 3rd goal was reimers fault. thats one he should have stopped. but, even the best goaltenders throughout the history of hockey, have let bad goals in. its a fact of life. the games the leafs have lost, have been a result of poor defence, and lack of offense. not the goalies fault at all.

first goal reimer has a player slide through him, not much he can do on that, second goal spezza should have been called for interference, and there was also the phantom tip he somehow put on the buck after it was kicked to the goal. folignos hit was illegal, it was the same as marchands. should be a suspendable act. He did stand up for himself against phaneuf though, and held his own for sure. hats of to him for that. leafs have to learn better team defence and have players stop making bonehead plays that cost their team, and learn to bury the puck when they get chances. 40 shots on goal, has to account for more then 2 goals. allfredsson is still the dirtiest player in the league, someone should 2 hand him to the side of the head. and the fan voting for allstar games has to end, its a joke. only sen that deserves to be at the game is erik karlson. spezza, alfie and michalik all should be at home watching the game.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

leafs definitely outplayed the sens for much of the game (thanks andy) but anybody who thinks phaneuf won that fight should take off their blue glasses. that fight was the turning point in the game, phaneuf started it, and lost it! sens got energy after it. thanks dion.

The Leafs have outplayed alot of teams lately and still lost. In those games, there is usually one or two "soft" goals.

IMO that was the case again last night.

Dion is tough, but he sure looks akward fighting. I would call that fight a draw.

And is it just me, or is the battle for playoffs this year gonna be the best ever? I love how tight everything is. One little losing/winning streak can change alot of standings.

Sure is gonna be interesting this spring!