Replacement Cover for my 10" Jiffy blades

Nipfisher

I lost the plastic cover for my auger blades last year at seasons end. Had them oiled and wrapped this off-season and forgot about it. So when I took it out I realized I need one. Went to Can. Tire and no luck. I'll check WalMart and a few tackle shops. Any ideas? Can I make one out of something? Anyone heading North this weekend that could pick one up for me?

Edited by Nipfisher

Big plastic mixing bowl from the dollar store or cut the bottom off a big pail and a bungee cord? Probably be able to make 20 for the price of an o.e.m.

Michael

Great ideas Mike and I thought of them all. Guess I don't want to put a mixing bowl / bucket on my $300 auger? I will use something for this weekend.

Nick, no Princess Auto here in North Bay.

Can Tire had some last year. Like I said I'll check Wally World and some tackle shops.

If anyone is coming up this weekend and knows of a place that carries them that would be great.

Maybe try Canadian Tire again. Go to the sports dept. They have books under the counter where you can get a part number and they can order you one. May take 3-4 days. They do sell Jiffy products. That's how I obtained my second 10" cover.

Now I put a bungee cord through the cover and auger just in case it wants to part company again.

I lost mine for my 4" auger... at Canadian Tire haha. I was bringing it in to find a new strap and I left it at an unknown location. Stupid me hahaha.

Can Tire in North Bay doesn't have much in terms of replacement parts for augers. No plastic butterfly screws. No guard straps, no guards and very small blade selection.

I lost mine for my 4" auger... at Canadian Tire haha. I was bringing it in to find a new strap and I left it at an unknown location. Stupid me hahaha.

Can Tire in North Bay doesn't have much in terms of replacement parts for augers. No plastic butterfly screws. No guard straps, no guards and very small blade selection.

I gave up looking for the knobbed straps everywhere and finally bought a pair off Ebay. This is the only place I can find the old 10" strapped cover so far.. direct from Jiffy. They've switched to the "quicksnap" on all their new stuff and it's available from the fishinghole in Manitoba.

http://www.jiffyonice.com/EComStore/product/standard-blade-protectors,2733,21.htm

I lost the cover for my 8 inch Jiffy last year and wasn't going to pay $25 for a new one. So I made this one. Its made with 3 layers of ¾ ply wood and a bungee cord. The photos don't show it but the blade is suspended and does not rest on the bottom all the weight of the auger is supported on the bottom plate.

20120105AugerCover014.jpg

20120105AugerCover013.jpg

20120105AugerCover001.jpg

20120105AugerCover004.jpg