Well I was looking at a new boat today

misfish

Yep, it was a real beauty,nice 200 on a slick 19.6 footer. Checked out the compartments and the seating and man I was just about to say,I,ll take it when they said,that will be 48,000 dollars :w00t::w00t: ,will that be cash or credit card. :w00t::w00t:

I said sir,how much for that one over there with the 9.9 on the back. L M A O. :oops:

I wasnt really looking for a boat,but I did look at a few,just to watch the wife sweat. :P:D Boy you should of seen the look on her face when I was talking to the guy and really working on the deal that could of been.

Just think brian if you had of bought it it would only have been really low payments of $100 bucks a month for the next..ohhhhh lets say 40yrs...lol..lol.. ya its nice to dream right....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: good-luck in your tournaments this year i hope you do well....

:lol: My first watercraft, a 17 ft. Sprinbok canoe, was free, inherited from my dad, my 2nd, was a 14 ft. fibreglass canoe, $200.00 bucks, my 3rd, is a boat, 12 footer for $300.00 bucks, and am looking at a 4th 12 ft'r for the exorbitant asing price of...........................................$125.00 bucks, lol.

Guess its all in the perspective of what you fish for, and where you go.

I wasnt really looking for a boat,but I did look at a few,just to watch the wife sweat.

I like to do that too! Fun, isn't it? :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

We were going into a furniture store a couple of weeks ago and my wife says to me: "You ever notice how the women walk out of there all smiles and giggly and the guys are all sad and depressed looking?" I said yeah...they are seeing their new boat sail away or their new dream bike crash into a brick wall because she just spent 10 grand on furniture.

:lol: My first watercraft, a 17 ft. Sprinbok canoe, was free, inherited from my dad, my 2nd, was a 14 ft. fibreglass canoe, $200.00 bucks, my 3rd, is a boat, 12 footer for $300.00 bucks, and am looking at a 4th 12 ft'r for the exorbitant asing price of...........................................$125.00 bucks, lol.

Guess its all in the perspective of what you fish for, and where you go.

Its time to get you into a bigger boat Bud lets go for a 16 ft for $500.00 this year.

Art

When i bought mine, i started out lookin' for a 14' with a 25hp. The Misses was up for the purchase so I took her to the boat show....... We were sitting in the 14 with a huge smile on my face and she said "I can't get comfortable in this" then she looked over and said "How about that one?"

Well folks, it's been a few years and a whack of payments but I love my V-170 60hp and yes I do dream about that really nice 20' with the 200hp, but the payments kinda burst the bubble, if ya know what I mean!

It took a few years and a bunch more cash to set it up with all the toys and when i think about it, it's now custom made for the way I fish. Funny thing is I'm out every weekend from May to December and the Wife goes in the boat maybe twice a year.

So remember guys, if yer Wife likes ta shop, you gotta take her to the right stores!!!

Come on snow, MELT!!!!!!!!

You guys are getting it all wrong. Here was my secret to getting my 18ft 115 at the boat show.

1. Go by yourself and don't tell her

2. Buy the boat and don't tell her

3. Bring it home and show it to your kids before you show it to her

4. Take some serious heat when the kids are asleep for the next 3 weeks but who cares, its February. Boat is useless until May.

5. She can't be seen as the bad guy in front of the kids after you tell them you are going to go fishing every weekend together.

6. Come May, all Bull is behind you, kids don't really care to fish and you are set for the summer.

I should add,while were heading home,this princecraft, that was sitting out infront of Boat Max,did catch my eye while ,and the wife just said keep driving.LOL

Im heading over there today to have a closer look,and yes she will be intow,she has all the money.LOL

As for that married comment,lets just say Im working on an angle,you see ,it will be 25 years :jerry: next week,what better gift could she buy me. :whistling::thumbsup_anim:

Edited by misfish

love2fish

That's cold, but i like the strategy!!!

I used your strategy when I wanted a new trolling motor and when I upgraded the sonar and purchased the downriggers........etc.

When she gives me "heat" I use the excuse "What good is having a boat if ya can't enjoy it!"

My kids are all growed up, so it can get pretty lonely in the house in the winter. With smaller ticket items the heat only lasts a cou[le of days!!

The things we put up with, man I gotta tell ya!!!

Edited by brewster

Quick answer to that...DON'T GET MARRIED! You'll never have that problem...EVER! :thumbsup_anim: LOL

You got that ALL wrong...my wife told me to buy a new boat because she didn't like the seats in the old one!! :thumbsup_anim:

lund8.jpg

CONGRATS on 25 years Brian ! It will be our 25th this summer a well...so I know your wife has you well trained already and this is just part of the process in your search for a new boat.

Edited by irishfield

L M A O Wayne.Nice to not come home to the "honney guess what". :oops:

Congrats to you and Leah aswell.

Maybe a BBQ this summer to celabrate.

I dont care if the spelling is wrong.

Edited by misfish