First visitor of the year.

Roy

Looked outside New Year's morning and spotted this little guy at the back of the yard. They're not very plentiful around here. This one appeared to be in fine health. I know, I can never be accused of being a photographer but I fired off 20-30 shots with the Sony.

011.jpg

You have lots of wildlife in your "yard", Lew. Lots of deer too. Are the deer still around much this year?

I've only seen a few deer in the yard sofar this winter Roy but there's plenty of tracks around. Probably see more once the snow gets deeper.

You know, i was thinking the exact same thing!!!

S.

Yep Shane, the pretty red fox is nice until you find out he's responsible for all the missing game birds in the area...and if you're a farmer I don't even have to explain that....but, that is why I can hunt MANY acres here for fox, coyote and woodchucks that I can't otherwise access for deer hunting....go figure...

Yep Shane, the pretty red fox is nice until you find out he's responsible for all the missing game birds in the area...and if you're a farmer I don't even have to explain that....but, that is why I can hunt MANY acres here for fox, coyote and woodchucks that I can't otherwise access for deer hunting....go figure...

Farmers can shoot, dig, bury, almost anything they'd like to.

Late goose season, no problem, just protecting crop. Gets around all laws (not allowed to discharge a firearm within the first 100 acres surrounding the village).

Gotta like it.

For those that are doubtful, repeated visits by OPP, MNR, local bylaw enfocement, have produced no charges(sad, Ron gets more problem for having a fishing line, than I do a shotgun). I guess the difference would be Rural vs Urban (no $ vs big $).

Clear as a whistle. No more visits from anyone, since I call and give heads up what's happening, to the OPP.

By the way, Lew, I'd love to have seen them birds here. The best I've seen here, was a Snow Bunting, lost I guess.

Edited by nofish4me