what is up with the new licences

Spouph

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

My license issues were solved finally so i will be legit when i depart tomorrow am. Seems the postal code they had for me was TOTALLY wrong! Let's hope they got the kinks all worked out by 2013.

I want to renew mine the other day and got told that I had to purchase the outdoor card 9.86 and my 3 yr lic for 83.29. Told the guy that I believe he was wrong because when I purchased my lic 3 yrs ago only paid 81.75. Guy said i was wrong and that is what it will cost me dunno.gif Any one else run into this for the 2012 3 yr Sport fishing lic 92.97 seems quite a much for a 3 yr when you consider 11.22 differance in 3 yrs... mad.gif

ya that is quite a hike..... but how else are they going to pay for the new system ufb

I want to renew mine the other day and got told that I had to purchase the outdoor card 9.86 and my 3 yr lic for 83.29. Told the guy that I believe he was wrong because when I purchased my lic 3 yrs ago only paid 81.75. Guy said i was wrong and that is what it will cost me :dunno: Any one else run into this for the 2012 3 yr Sport fishing lic 92.97 seems quite a much for a 3 yr when you consider 11.22 differance in 3 yrs... :angry:

Unfortunately that's the price Kelvin, as I'm staring at the renewal form for our youngest daughter. $83.29 + 9.68 for the card. Was waiting for her to come home for Christmas, as the new notices don't even have a card number on them like the old forms had, so I didn't want to call in without her card number...and she forgot it anyhow! I really hate to even try the system with all the "reviews" here. I could never renew online with an apostrophe in our last name and always had to fill in the form and mail it back. So they've taken the extra postage / handling work out of the cost of the system, not added any new CO's and raised the rates to fish our own waters. NICE!

Guys are gonna start playing russion roulette and forego buying licences and take the fine if caught.

Edited by irishfield

I paid 92.97 for the 3 year and card. That was 6 weeks ago and so far no card has arrived. My printer took a crap so I didn't get the chance to print off a temporary. They did not send me an email confirmation like a normal purchase would go, so now I do not believe I have anything to print. Looks like I am stuck waiting for the card.

New Licence...

Service Canada: We don't have that! Go to Trading Post!

Trading Post: What? We don't have anything. Try online.

Not possible online, no info online! Could order a one day licence online.

What's up here?

Wrote an email. Answer after 2 days: Can not renew my licence before Dec 16. Aha!

Started online early on Dec 16 and all was fine. After paying with credit card I clicked on the button for printing the temporary licence.

With that click my computer crashed. Ha!

No, I don't write about my blood pressure at this moment!

After a phone call, it takes me just 20 minutes for waiting, bad music btw, a friendly guy said he will send me the licence with mail.

It arrived just in time on Dec 30. Thank you!!

Please, mnr, there is time enough the whole year. Why not allow to renew the licence earlier than middle Dec??

Bluegill - you wouldn't mean a system that might break the effort up throughout the year would you? I dunno - lemme take a stab at this - something like divide the population by 12, maybe triggered by the month of their birthday or some such STUPID idea like that, thus also allowing a full 12 months of fishing for each year paid for? Would such a system involve making life easier for all and spreading the demand across a full year instead of a single holiday laden period? But WHERE would one find a working model or two to base such a system on to save creating one from scratch?

But I guess having to get my fishing license, car license plate sticker and driver's license renewals in the same month that ISN'T December just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense now would it? (:sarcasm: at MNR, not :sarcasm: at Bluegill)

Wanna bet that the current system gets replaced by something similar to auto licensing in the next couple years?

Michael

New Licence...

Service Canada: We don't have that! Go to Trading Post!

Trading Post: What? We don't have anything. Try online.

Not possible online, no info online! Could order a one day licence online.

What's up here?

Wrote an email. Answer after 2 days: Can not renew my licence before Dec 16. Aha!

Started online early on Dec 16 and all was fine. After paying with credit card I clicked on the button for printing the temporary licence.

With that click my computer crashed. Ha!

No, I don't write about my blood pressure at this moment!

After a phone call, it takes me just 20 minutes for waiting, bad music btw, a friendly guy said he will send me the licence with mail.

It arrived just in time on Dec 30. Thank you!!

Please, mnr, there is time enough the whole year. Why not allow to renew the licence earlier than middle Dec??

That is odd. I renewed mine online in the middle of November. I still have not received anything from them.

On the first page of the online renewal application it states:

ATTENTION Please be advised that Outdoors Cards renewed or purchased in November and December will be mailed in January.

Not saying it's good but it does sound clear to me.

That is odd. I renewed mine online in the middle of November. I still have not received anything from them.

Grimace, I would phone them!

Btw: After 3 days I found my temporary licence in my tmp-files!!

If your computer crashed after you could see the licence, like my computer, and you know the date than it is possible that your temp licence is still on your computer. If you deleted your tmp-files than you are out of luck.

So, phone them and good luck.

On the first page of the online renewal application it states:

ATTENTION Please be advised that Outdoors Cards renewed or purchased in November and December will be mailed in January.

Not saying it's good but it does sound clear to me.

I must have missed that as I was in a rush. It would have not even been an issue if my printer was functioning.

I was a little dissapointed that I was not emailed a bill with an attachment to print my license like most online businesses. Air Canada and WestJet will send you confirmation with a ticket to print and the same goes with ticketmaster and the like.

Thems the brakes. No ice near me anyways. I think the system is severely flawed. I get my non resident NYS decal almost immediately every year. But again, had my printer been working I would have been fine.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i can tolerate them having trouble with the system if they don't expect to check any licenses until all the backlogged online renewals are cleared up. problem is, from what i've gathered online and on the telephone is that they do expect people to just wait at home and that's Bull.

Maybe it's time to have a massive e-mail, snail mail and telephone complaints to the "honourable" dork of a minister of everythings all screwed up again. Snail mail can be sent to your local member of parliament without a stamp. No point complaining here.

OK gentlemen (and I use that term very loosely here...LOL) if this backward Redneck can figure out how to purchase a Ontario fishing license and renew a outdoor card (joke) I think you guys can too....LOL

Seriously, I just renewed both without a hitch. I was in the process of doing it the day after Christmas but when I got to confirm purchase I couldn't find anywhere that is said I was purchasing a 2012 fishing license. So that scared me off of finalizing the purchase. I didn't really need another 2011 license....but this time I finished the process and then it showed I purchased a 2012 fishing license and renewed my outdoor card.

The system was probably overloaded with request when many of you guys were online applying....but a 5am this morning it worked like a dream.

Now all we need to do is get this license fee more in reality....a one year fishing license at $77.76 is a LOT of money IMHO.... :wallbash:...more money to government agencies the more money wasted... :whistling:

Wow it sounds like I struck a nerve.. Now here is somthing I thought about yesterday as I was trying to get a licence for a friend that had come up for opener. We went to a local bait store and the guy said he could not ger the new system. So what bothers me no is how much more abuse can the little bait shops take. You go in get your licence some bait, and mabey some tackle. But if you have to go to canadian tire (which is my favorite store) you just pick uo your tackle there and all you get at the bait store is bait. Man cannot live on minnows alone. I guess what I am saying is SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BAIT STORE the community where I came from the local bait store closed after being there for 30 plus years. From that point on the next closest reliable store was an hour away. What ever money that was saves by buying tackle at ct went out the window in gas and frustration..... So i went to ct to buy minnows, well you all know how that went!!!!

When I went to CT today,all went well because they say,my postal code hasn't changed in the last 3 years. But really, gave me a sticker copy for $27.76 if I'm correct, and it is the same size as the outdoor card. Can't just put a sticker as previously said as my card only had one on it. Two other people were still waiting as I left because they had moved in the last year. What was wrong with the sticker program?

Any way I stuck it behind my card and as they say we need two pieces now.Who is re-thinking the rules. Just another rant,but now I'm ready to go for the year.:wallbash:.Go.od 2012 for everyone I hope. davey

i tried yesterday and today to renew my license online and it won't accept my postal code. i'm headed out fishing tomorrow with the error page printed off as my license. i know there's a good chance i'll see a CO and i assume he'll probably still ticket me but should that happen i'll be seeing him in court. what an unmitigated disaster this "transition" is gonna be this January. most people didn't even seem to know this change was coming, myself included. :whistling:

Same here. Total Bull.

I'm going regardless. Give me the ticket, I'll see ya in court for sure.

I need a small game license for the morning, and a fishing license for the afternoon.

Over $50 for a fishing only license?? What the hell???

Price never seems to go down, but that is almost double from last year!!!!

S.

When I went to CT today,all went well because they say,my postal code hasn't changed in the last 3 years. But really, gave me a sticker copy for $27.76 if I'm correct, and it is the same size as the outdoor card. Can't just put a sticker as previously said as my card only had one on it. Two other people were still waiting as I left because they had moved in the last year. What was wrong with the sticker program?

Any way I stuck it behind my card and as they say we need two pieces now.Who is re-thinking the rules. Just another rant,but now I'm ready to go for the year.:wallbash:.Go.od 2012 for everyone I hope. davey

if we had a "Like" button :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

The wrong postal code seems to be a common error! Happened to me as well, guess I have to call tommorrow between 8:30 and 5:00.....Of course it can't get sorted out on opening wknd as they are only open Mon-Fri. What a crock. Imagine that will be a long queue for phone help tommorrow.

Dr Sal, it appears you got yours resolved over the wknd, What did you you have to do?

Same here. Total Bull.

I'm going regardless. Give me the ticket, I'll see ya in court for sure.

I need a small game license for the morning, and a fishing license for the afternoon.

Over $50 for a fishing only license?? What the hell???

Price never seems to go down, but that is almost double from last year!!!!

S.

Outdoors Card $9.68

Three-year Sport $83.29

Three-year Conservation $47.70

One-year Sport $27.76

One-year Conservation $15.90

Unfortunately that's the price Kelvin, as I'm staring at the renewal form for our youngest daughter. $83.29 + 9.68 for the card. Was waiting for her to come home for Christmas, as the new notices don't even have a card number on them like the old forms had, so I didn't want to call in without her card number...and she forgot it anyhow! I really hate to even try the system with all the "reviews" here. I could never renew online with an apostrophe in our last name and always had to fill in the form and mail it back. So they've taken the extra postage / handling work out of the cost of the system, not added any new CO's and raised the rates to fish our own waters. NICE!

Guys are gonna start playing russion roulette and forego buying licences and take the fine if caught.

It's a rip off I know. Card was included in your 3 yr payment now we end up paying more again.. Like you say Wayne.. Some might try to get away with out it if the price keeps going in this fashion. They might start to hurt the industry even more now.. will have to wait and find out more..

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Dr Sal, it appears you got yours resolved over the wknd, What did you you have to do?

The machines that issue the licenses are from a company in Tennessee. If the operator called the head office of the company, they can tell the retailer what postal code they have on file but it will likely take 10-20 minutes.

i can tolerate them having trouble with the system if they don't expect to check any licenses until all the backlogged online renewals are cleared up. problem is, from what i've gathered online and on the telephone is that they do expect people to just wait at home and that's Bull.

I went fishing yesterday for the first time EVER without a valid license. Wasn't proud about it...but I wasn't staying home either. Lesson learned though...my renewal notice was mailed to me two months ago! When I was trying to renew online the system kept crashing and giving me "error" messages.....I printed them off and carried my last card with my last three stickers on it as an effort to show I always buy a license and will again!!!???? I'd like to think most CO's are fair. We had the same problem here two years ago when nobody had stickers to sell till mid jan. and I don't remember anyone getting slapped

I went fishing yesterday for the first time EVER without a valid license. Wasn't proud about it...but I wasn't staying home either. Lesson learned though...my renewal notice was mailed to me two months ago! When I was trying to renew online the system kept crashing and giving me "error" messages.....I printed them off and carried my last card with my last three stickers on it as an effort to show I always buy a license and will again!!!???? I'd like to think most CO's are fair. We had the same problem here two years ago when nobody had stickers to sell till mid jan. and I don't remember anyone getting slapped

From my experience COs don't really start coming out too much until February. Also you should be in their computer system if you bought a license but haven't received it yet, so even if a CO does catch you, you should be okay. FWIW I think what is going on with the licensing is a joke and I am not defending it, I'm just saying that I doubt they are out to get the people that renewed their license and don't have it yet. They are also likely aware of the issues/shortages so again I doubt we are going to see a lot of COs until February.