Buying off E bay

FISHINGNUT

Do you guys buy off Ebay? I have been looking for a while and there seems to be some pretty good deals but then again some deals seem to good to be true.I have a hard time spending my hard earned money on something I cant pick up and inspect before putting the money down.

If you are not sure what you are bidding on (quality/condition) ask the seller for clarification i.e. "is this inem in new/like new/or damaged condition. If they don't tell the truth then you can file a complaint with Ebay and you can also file a negitive rating against the seller. most of the "bad" deals I have seen on Ebay resulted in the buyer assuming something when all they had to do was ask for more information.

I've had pretty good luck so far buying on ebay - don't be afraid to ask questions of the seller before bidding - if they don't answer your questions - don't bid. I also limit my bidding to those sellers with high percentage rates of satisfied customers. And watch the shipping costs! If it dosen't say the shipping - ask. Often the shipping turns out to be double the price of the item.

Don

The proof is in the feedback of the seller. Make sure you check it out and ask questions if you are not sure about the product.

Read the listing and seller's terms very carefully.

I have had 99.8% good experience both buying and selling, due to careful research.

I buy just about every thing from clothes , tools, house wares and fishing tackle . I have had a few problems but I use Pay Pal and have always received a refund with out to much trouble . as mentioned above ask for condition and save all emails between you and seller until you receive your purchase. I also only buy from sellers that accept "paypal".

Thanks tracker

Edited by ALEX

i buy off ebay, i have only had 1 problem with 1 person and that was because he took forever to ship it out, just got my 2nd season of OZ in the mail yesterday :D

anyone heard anything about the Berkley Glowstik M-H poles... i am thinking of getting one for nite fishing.. thankjs... Bud

I've had over 100 different purchases on Ebay with only one bad run in with a computer monitor but I got my money back.

I got a Lowrance 102C for $200 brand new and it works great, lots of reels, lures. Rods would be great but the shipping for a one piece is like $40 so it's not worth it for rods.

Load up on your Power Pro line, theres lot's for cheap, but watch out for counterfeit stuff.

Just always look at the sellers feedback, if he has a 100% positive feedback with over at least 100 sales than you can be pretty sure it's a good deal.

I buy just about every thing from clothes , tools, house wares and fishing tackle . I have had a few problems but I use Pay Pal and have always received a refund with out to much trouble . as mentioned above ask for condition and save all emails between you and seller until you receive your purchase. I also don't buy from sellers that accept "paypal".

Alex - don't you mean that you don't buy from those sellers that don't accept paypal?

Probably just a typo - but don't want to send out the wrong message

Don

PM'd you.

Also, don't rely on feedback or feedback percentage. Many disgruntled buyers won't leave a negitive feedback because so many poor sellers leave retaliatory negs. Found this article while spell checking retaliatory..

http://ebay.about.com/od/glossaryofebayter.../gl_retfeed.htm

For a true sense of a good seller, ask questions. If they answer your questions quickly and completely there is a good chance the (s)he is a good 'eBayer'.

Take time to check thier feedback, not just percentage. A seller can have 99% good feedback and still ripoff 100 of 10,000 people. Check feedback left for others. If they left a neg for a buyer, check out the buyers feedback. Try to get a feel for what happened in these negitive transactions.

Conversly, don't rule out a seller based on poor feedback. One of my best purchases came from a once-in-a-while seller with low 90%... he had been burned by a seller, left a neg. and received a retaliatory neg. from a seller whose account was later cancelled.

I would also recommend paying by PayPal for it's buyer protection... I've recieved 100% refunds on two claims through PayPal yet only the $200 max because I paid by money order on an eBay claim that I assisted in getting a scammer in Ottawa convicted for a digital camara scam.

I buy a lot on eBay and used to sell (over 2000 transactions) before the US Dollar plunge made it fruitless.

-Brian

Well i have made lots of purchases from e-bay and i have never had a problem,and things always so far have been great...the only downfall has been how long it takes somethings to come...and yet other things will show up in just a few days it depends on what kind of postage and price,,,its up to the seller,but i always check their reputation and the feedback...and i have got some really cool fishing things from e-bay and it works...and you must use pay-pal to do most things and they are very secure...so no probs here....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I buy and sell on ebay and you can find good deals if you hunt for them. Make sure you ask what shipping to Canada is. The shipping may be stated at the bottom, but it is usually within the US. Shipping to Canada is generally more.

If they quote me really high shipping to Canada I usually tell them I know for a fact it won't cost that much and that its a darned shame they are charging so much shipping because I really like the item, and then they lower their shipping price for me B)

And Paypal is the way to go.

As for the wife not knowing, how you gonna hide that package that arrived in the mail? Hope you get home before her ;)

Joey

I'm always looking for deals on E Bay and have bought about 50 items so far. I've bought everything from tools to work and casual clothing, lots of Nascar goodies, and even a few fishing and hunting related items. No bad experiences so far. I like E Bay!!

Before you buy any item from an E-bay seller, see if they have tons of +ve feedbacks. "Usually" the seller is "trustworthy" if they have 1000+ +ve feedbacks. Go ask the seller questions about the item you want to buy/bid, be sure to ask about the price on shipping. I've bought items from E-bay(nothing more than $50), overall my experience is around 95% positive.

Buying on ebay is fun and fine, but make sure you know exactly what you are getting (don't be fooled/mislead by just the subject). Also, bargain or not, you have to include the custom handling fee and mailing cost. Try something cheap to get familiar with the process isn't a bad idea.