Lake Nipissing GTG on Callander Bay

Nipfisher

Good work Nip for organizing this event. What time do U plan to be there? I'm going to be there unless work gets in the way. I'll check your posts for final plans. Pls post whether U will have minnows. This would help me out, save looking for a bait shop. No problem kicking in $$$.

Good work Nip for organizing this event. What time do U plan to be there? I'm going to be there unless work gets in the way. I'll check your posts for final plans. Pls post whether U will have minnows. This would help me out, save looking for a bait shop. No problem kicking in $$.

My guess is some people will arrive between 7:30 and 9. We "kicked off" at 9 am last year. Last year I was able to purchase bulk shiners in pounds I have requested again so I will find out. I am sure the locals can adrerss the bait need if my supplier doesn't come through.

Are we doing a little derby like we did last year?

If I remember correctly it was a $10 buy in (maybe $5?). Biggest Fish, and Most fish split the pot, and get first dibs at the OFC gear box that TJ dropped off :thumbsup_anim:

That was fun last year :whistling:

If I remember correctly it was a $10 buy in (maybe $5?). Biggest Fish, and Most fish split the pot, and get first dibs at the OFC gear box that TJ dropped off :thumbsup_anim:

Don't expect a repeat! I may not be hungover this time. Watch out! :whistling:

Nick, I think this is what we did......from last years thread.......

We also need to set some derby rules.

• How about a Toonie to enter?
  • Perch need to be 8" to count, Walleye need to be 10" to count and Pike / Herring need to be 12" to count.
  • Most fish and biggest fish should split the prize money?

In that case, let's do a "deuce and a lure" for the derby prizes. I'll bring a box and a few things to ante up the prize pool. Blairs suggestion works for me; most fish and biggest fish split the pot.

If your attending, try to bring something like a jigging spoon, jig heads, hooks etc to pitch into the prize pool but no hard feelings if you happen to forget. Old minnows don't count as a prize. Haha.

..And the derby organizer CAN participate! I'm predicting a pre-hooked 10lbs ling on my third line takes all... :D

On my way to the hut right now.

I have just confirmed that I will recieve a pound and a half of shiners on the 28th at 8am. It will work out to about 11-12 dozen minnows. I will collect at the hut. No need to bring your own as I have more at my hut too.

Thank you to Discount Bait and Tackle for the great deal on the shiners. I will have a second person with me so I can transport them legally.

Alright. Lets keep this on the 1st page. It is less then a week away!

Here is the confirmed list thus far........

Nipfisher

Rod Caster

Joeytier

Randy From Sturgeon

NAW

Livinisfishn

Spud7378

Lota Lota

BassAsin

DuckDog

Mike01

Wormdunker

Locnar

Motion

Trouty

If you are not on this list and coming for sure please let me know.

If you are still "trying" to come....keep trying.

We need to figure out food. Doesn't look like we will be able to drive on the lake so a bar-b-que is out of the question. Anyone have a habatchi or portable bar-b-que?

Edited by Nipfisher