A Wild Vid for the Sledheadz...

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

went out west last year to sled the rocky mountains and HOLY CRAP!!! i can relate to this guy just on a smaller scale, made it 3/4 of the way up a steep chute and it was iced at the top, track started spinning and down i go with the sled..cost me new handlebars,steering post and side panels...i was lucky further down wast soft waist deep snow so the damage was minimal

awesome vid :thumbsup_anim:

That was awesome! Lucky he didn't get hurt (I love the term "Maytagging" !!) and the footage from his camera was great, Nice find, doc :lol:

Would have been great to see his expression when all this was going down (literally ha ha). I also couldn't quite make out what he was yelling at the end when things slowed down...anyone able to decypher it ?

Maytagging is a term used in whitewater paddling when a boat or paddler gets stuck in a reversal/souse hole/hydraulic, on the downstream side of a ledge or pour over, and can't get out. They end up going round and round, under water and up etc etc ad nauseum. We look for smiley holes (as seen from upstream) as it allows paddlers to work their way to the edge and out whereas if we see a frown, it's bad as the outside of the hole just feeds you back to the middle. Rinse and repeat.

I give hydraulics the proper respect when paddling a line that skirts or goes through them as they're not fun and can be killers and have in fact taken lives.