A Wee Rant #2

Guest chase4chrome

If this is one of the first post a "newbie" sees I highly doubt they would like to become part of this community....this place has always been very inviting and I wouldn't want someone to think otherwise with that kind of attitude.

My point was, instead of spouting off about something you don't like, sit back, enjoy the site and see how things work here. As long as they don't listen to your advice on trucks, they'll be ok :) :) :)

sometimes the computer has a brain of its own. I once sent a pm to Scugog about a fishfinder, and the model had a short form in it, the computer changed that short form into the word "dumbass", so in my first pm to the guy I ended up inadvertently calling him a dumbass! I can't believe he even replied, although if I remember correctly he did reply with "Are you calling me a dumbass?"

It's not a coincidence that the people who complain most about moderating are the people who warrant it the most. It really is common sense. The reality is that this place will go on fine without you.

I'm with Roy, for all of you who are whining about posts being edited, please PM me and explain the details. Knowing how moderating decsions are made, I think some of you are making it up. Feel free to prove me wrong.

"Veiled death threats"

Holy smokes!!!----I thought fishin and the outdoors was supposed to be fun!!There should'nt be anymore hard feelings anymore now that everyone has come to terms with the fact I'm da bestest angler on da board :Gonefishing:

Just look at the purty pictures as they come by and chill-axe

Bushart

The 1st name in paintin and fish skinnin :thumbsup_anim:

Also... I'm not sure if some of you are aware.. when you see a word changed in your post... it may also be the result of our automated bad word filter.... no changed by a mod, but our all seeing automaton.

Also... I'm not sure if some of you are aware.. when you see a word changed in your post... it may also be the result of our automated bad word filter.... no changed by a mod, but our all seeing automaton.

always wondered how it became post checkout girl:)

can't even remember my original join date around 2000 or 2001 i think, always liked the good discussions and reports lots of great people here, but I guess that some people forget that were guest's here and must abide by the rules

hal-2000.jpg

Dave Bowman: Hello, HAL. Do you read me, HAL?

HAL: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.

Dave Bowman: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Dave Bowman: What's the problem?

HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Dave Bowman: What are you talking about, HAL?

HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Dave Bowman: I don't know what you're talking about, HAL.

HAL: I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Dave Bowman: [feining ingorance] Where the hell did you get that idea, HAL?

HAL: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

Dave Bowman: Alright, HAL. I'll go in through the emergency airlock.

HAL: Without your space helmet, Dave? You're going to find that rather difficult.

Dave Bowman: HAL, I won't argue with you anymore! Open the doors!

HAL: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

hal-2000.jpg

Dave Bowman: Hello, HAL. Do you read me, HAL?

HAL: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.

Dave Bowman: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Dave Bowman: What's the problem?

HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Dave Bowman: What are you talking about, HAL?

HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Dave Bowman: I don't know what you're talking about, HAL.

HAL: I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Dave Bowman: [feining ingorance] Where the hell did you get that idea, HAL?

HAL: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

Dave Bowman: Alright, HAL. I'll go in through the emergency airlock.

HAL: Without your space helmet, Dave? You're going to find that rather difficult.

Dave Bowman: HAL, I won't argue with you anymore! Open the doors!

HAL: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

one or two left ya say????? thats a matter of opinion :unsure:

Edited by Twocoda

sometimes the computer has a brain of its own. I once sent a pm to Scugog about a fishfinder, and the model had a short form in it, the computer changed that short form into the word "dumbass", so in my first pm to the guy I ended up inadvertently calling him a dumbass! I can't believe he even replied, although if I remember correctly he did reply with "Are you calling me a dumbass?"

so here's the explanation

Also... I'm not sure if some of you are aware.. when you see a word changed in your post... it may also be the result of our automated bad word filter.... no changed by a mod, but our all seeing automaton

just for fun I'm going to try it again. I believe the initials were D and F put together, lets try dumb ass