A Wee Rant #2

Guest chase4chrome

Guest chase4chrome

Now that the topic of rants has been broached I thought to post mine--admittedly on pain of further removal, elision, corrective ad nauseam.

Now I don't mind people expressing their opinions here--the very nature of this "forum" requires such exchange for its very vitality. Indeed, rants, off-colour jokes, verbal sparring, and even, as has elsewhere been noted "pissing in cornflakes" are all what makes for an informative, educational, and entertaining virtual AGORA.

It has elsewhere been said also "I thy eye offend thee, then pluck it out..."

I also acknowledge that for such a site to continue to excel and be a rallying space for like-minded sportsmen an organising principle and concomitant formulation of decorum must also exist.

That having been said, and that is how far I am willing to extend my deference,...

-IF a post is reported to have transgressed some rule or other then I think incumbent to alert the OP

-IF as the result of such a report someone deigns to EDIT the OP's post then I should think that, again, the OP should first be alerted and be given the opportunity to make changes that are more sensitive to our broader readership.

-IF the report continues to offend with no action on the part of the OP then I would agree that ADMIN action ought to be taken

It should be noted that I have received NO such notification, request, alert YET my post has been unilaterally edited several times (though I don't know be whom and am accusing no one in particular......"just sayin"). It is not the particular right of the person speaking that is curtailed, on the contrary it is your right to hear it.

tease.gif

Thanks for your considerations ladies and gentlemen

If the mods had to go through that process every time something came up that needed to be edited TJ would need to hire 500 more.

Are you going to pay them?

**edit: I should add that I have been silently edited once or twice during my stay, and it was likely well deserved.

Edited by kemper

Guest chase4chrome

If the mods had to go thru that process every time something came up that needed to be edited TJ would need to hire 500 more. Are you going to pay them?

You've missed the point yet again, but grant you your opinion

Guest chase4chrome

Wow well written. You should be a sports blogger..Get used to the silent "editing" it happens often around here..I blame the goblins, yeah that's it.. :whistling:

HAHA!! Well glad to know brother--thanks!!

Guest chase4chrome

If the mods had to go through that process every time something came up that needed to be edited TJ would need to hire 500 more.

Are you going to pay them?

**edit: I should add that I have been silently edited once or twice during my stay, and it was likely well deserved.

I see the edit--admittedly IF the language is egregious (though I don't see much of that here, even by you w00t.gif)

You've missed the point yet again, but grant you your opinion

I'm fairly confident that I have caught the point, my elementary school teachers did a wonderful job of teaching me how to read. A difference of opinion does not always equate to one party "missing the point" as you have politely pointed out on nearly every post I've written in the past three weeks.

You take me entirely too seriously.

Hey, I've had posts just plain vanish into thin air on more than one occasion. I have also had a post edited but to be honest with you, I was informed about it and an explanation was given which I agreed with.

There may have been others edited that I didn't notice but not that I'm aware of, I guess if I post something offencive to someone, the powers that be feel it is better to just remove it. Their site, their rules and I know that if I don't like it I can take my toys and go home.

post disappear and words get change..I think there is a big wheel like wheel of fortune..wing ding ding ding ..it landed on the word... but.......delete all post with the word "but" in it

..well anyways as most are noticing it has got to the point of being stupid...

Edited by Terry

I remember the words of a fellow employee, after I whined about a management decision, in a place where I worked for thirty years.

If you don't like it, quit!

We are non-paying guests here, that are sometimes able to offer our opinions, subject to censoring without justification or prior notice.

Just my opinion, FWIW

Guest chase4chrome

I'm fairly confident that I have caught the point, my elementary school teachers did a wonderful job of teaching me how to read. A difference of opinion does not always equate to one party "missing the point" as you have politely pointed out on nearly every post I've written in the past three weeks.

You take me entirely too seriously.

Not too seriously at all Kemp--just acknowledging your platform and contribution

I remember the words of a fellow employee, after I whined about a management decision, in a place where I worked for thirty years.

If you don't like it, quit!

We are non-paying guests here, that are sometimes able to offer our opinions, subject to censoring without justification or prior notice.

Just my opinion, FWIW

and many are leaving or post less

but the members are this forum not the mods

the members go and what have you got..a few people q-moding each other

Guest chase4chrome

Hey, I've had posts just plain vanish into thin air on more than one occasion. I have also had a post edited but to be honest with you, I was informed about it and an explanation was given which I agreed with.

There may have been others edited that I didn't notice but not that I'm aware of, I guess if I post something offencive to someone, the powers that be feel it is better to just remove it. Their site, their rules and I know that if I don't like it I can take my toys and go home.

I see no problem with having the transgression explained--and true enough I can take my toys and go home too, but there is a larger principle at stake (it's just in my nature cool.gif )

Guest chase4chrome

post disappear and words get change..I think there is a big wheel like wheel of fortune..wing ding ding ding ..it landed on the word... but.......delete all post with the word "but" in it

..well anyways as most are noticing it has got to the point of being stupid...

AGREED sleeping_02.gif

WoW.... you really do not "mesh" well here at all I have seen it in all manners of you're posts here...

I will not pull out my thesaurus and do battle with you're thesaurus.... to do so would be futile and waste Googles massive resources...

the simple matter of the truth is if you are having a difficult time here on OFC, it is usually because you.. yes yourself known as oneself (noun) is the issue... You seem to go against the grain.. much like when you were a wee lad in grade school... being picked after the girls to be on a team no one cares about... Yes.. we care that much if you stay or go.

this is a community... and as such we have those that choose to part of it which means compromise... those that think they are above the collective community.. and those that are obviously below it...

you choose where you belong... but trust me... leave you're Thesaurus at home... as it will not score you any points here...

Now... should I run this post through Google to make myself even more obtuse? or do you get the drift?..

Follow the rules we all observe as a community... or choose to be alienated from it... the choice is yours...

G.

Terry says it best , cant say how many times i reread a post Ive made and its ???? i didnt write that .But its what it is , I've found i can get around the censores with some carefull wording , still a great site and one I do not want to be kicked off of ..Hard to run a site like this easy to say I could do it better ????

Guest chase4chrome

and many are leaving or post less

but the members are this forum not the mods

the members go and what have you got..a few people q-moding each other

A measured and sane "citizen"

Kudos to you friend

I dont know what to make of it sometimesdunno.gif Perhaps its an effort to reduce the chance of elevateing heated discussions. Perhaps its an effort to maintain civility in the tone of certain threads Who knowsdunno.gif

I do feel that lately, the forum is over moderated, but i guess thats an effort to control the winternet phenomena.

They just have to realize, that we are not children,and shouldnt be treated like one.