More kijiji satisfaction.

lew

I keep hearing bad things from folks selling items on Kijiji but I just keep on having gook luck with it.

I listed 4 winter tires for sale yesterday and had 3 responses within a couple hours. The 1st person who answered said she'd be here tonight and sure enough, she showed up on time and payed me exactly what I was asking.

Not really a big deal I spose but this is the 4th time I've used Kijiji this year and every sale has gone smoothly with me getting the $$$$ I wanted.

Anyways, just thought I'd let folks know that Kijii can be a very good way to sell things and the transactions often go just the way they should.

Edited by lew

I too have had good results and experiences selling on Kijiji.

The very first response I ever received appeared to be a scam but after that I have only had a few "low ballers" make some ridiculous offers.

What are some of the bad things you hearing about?

Kijiji hands down the best classified site came close to getting kicked off permanently for selling hunting knife with a Swiss army knife. sorted it out with an email to head office.

Craigslist is good if your buying; But if your trying to sell, the rules have changed. After filling out you add, just as you proceed to post on the classifieds, it will asking for your phone number, and they will send you a text with a pin number in order to proceed with the posting. Personally i don't like that, after reading reviews on the web, people complained of receiving telemarketing calls after dealing with Craigslist. So for selling I'll stick to Kijiji

Glad to hear Lew! I have both bought and sold on kijiji (including a set of 4 winter tires as well) and have never had any issues!

I have four winter tires sitting in my garage with only January and February on them from last year... what price do you sell used tires for? They tire.jpgwon't fit the newer car I bought.

Ah we have a place here to sell aswell LEW.

Yes we do Brian and I've used it quite a bit over the years.

Last couple items I listed here though didn't get any interest, even after a month, so I put them them on Kijiji and they were gone in a couple days.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do ;)

I have four winter tires sitting in my garage with only January and February on them from last year... what price do you sell used tires for? They tire.jpgwon't fit the newer car I bought.

what size tires? do you know the bolt patteen? if not, what car did they come off of?

we're in the same boat as you. bought new rims/tires last winter, sold the car, and now they wont fit the new car. ill post ours here in the classifieds later today...

kijiji is great for buying and selling, but it seems like ive had a lot of no shows this year after making arrangements for pickup.

I’ve had mixed results with kijiji; found my 50 Chevy there :thumbsup_anim: and I’ve sold a number of smaller items (used automotive parts mostly); but bigger ticket items, I’ve stopped posting.

Items that still actually have most of their value are hard to sell there because (I think) most people checking kijiji adds are looking for that super deal; in other words cheap. If you’re not willing to sell at about half the items true value; you’re wasting your time with the bargain hunters.

Dan.

I wish I had the same luck buying. I am looking for a dog and for the second time last night, someone changed thier mind on me and said they are keeping thier pooch instead of selling it... frustrating!

I have not had any luck selling in the past. My tires for my old Corolla have sat since the spring and a collectible knife I was trying to sell only attracted crazy low ballers and con artists trying to scam money.

*** Beware the frauds on Kijiji!!! Anyone offering to pay more than what you are asking for you to forward their friend money is a con. Don't try and cash any money orders or cheques, they will only bounce and you will be left holding the bag... ***