Question..What is this? I saw it hiding behind...

dsn

What is this thing? I saw it hiding behind my sponge filter 60. I never exspected seeing something like this in my tank .

All I have in the tank is lots of aquatic plants and 4 cardinals and 4 harliquin ras, 2 otto cats.

It must have grew up in there cause I never noticed it at all.

a1-1.jpg?t=1320431800

Here's another pic.

a3.jpg

It was really strange. Cause when I saw the thing it moved behind the sponge filter as if noticed I seen it.

The really creepy part was after I removed it and put it in the glass tube. I looked at the sponge filter again and saw another one move in and take the exact place where the first

bugger was.

Can it a dragon fly larva?

If it doesn't harm my cardinals or any other fish it can stay. Also if it does tranform and become a land dwelling creature.w00t.gif

Any ideas?

I tried searching online but did find exactly what I was looking for.

Its about an inch long.

Thanks for you help.

karper

No idea what that is.

One time I had a bucket of gravel sitting in my basement for well over a year. Then I used it in a new tank I set up and when I did I noticed a live snail in there.

Another time my buddy had a 90 gallon with about a half dozen large Africans. One day he notices a new fish, about two inches long, that he didn't put in there. Two adults must have thrown a clutch of eggs, and one hatched and managed to hide and to eat and not get eaten long enough to grow too big to be preyed upon.

Weird stuff happens in fish tanks. It's cool when it does. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by fishNwire

:P

So are you gonna come south ice fishing with me and GBW, or what??? :)

ya, lazy bugger... :tease:

Newcastle? Where is that? Why don't you come north, it's colder up here, so I trust the ice more. Plus I am lonely and could use some friends.

no way, it's colder! :rofl2:

we'll see ,get your hut, heater and keep that snowmobile to pull us around and maybe, just maybe... :blink:

If you have aquatic plants, they certainly carry hitch hikers.

Used to work at a pond shop in Toronto ( Clarke Koi Ponds ) and when we'd get our floating plants from the southern states, kept them in a greenhouse. Over the summer we'd have exotic dragon flies and damsels flying around from time to time.

And looks like killer trout bait!