NF - I wish we could see more of this

SlowPoke

I've often seen cops speeding, weaving and driving carelessly and often wondered 'where are they going in such a rush without the lights on?'

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yStiufMfIl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by SlowPoke

That's a great video.

Last year, a Barrie police officer (of duty) drove through a OPP ride program plastered drunk. Got charged for DUI..

This was in Barrie, at the 400 and Bayfield from what I remember.

Edited by N.A.W

The pay in the northern states is good but the pay in the south is very poor. In new orleans at one pont the average wage for front line officer was $24,000. Cops are human, mistakes are made. No one, even on this board is perfect

good.gif x2

Nobody's perfect, not even a perfect fool.

Cops are human, mistakes are made. No one, even on this board is perfect

Sorry Dave, there's a BIG difference between making a mistake and being a danger to everybody else on the road. That hiway in the video was very busy and that guy could have very easily wiped out an entire family.

120 MPH is FAR from making a mistake !!

No Harm No Foul

...hmmm can't say I agree with that. If I shoot a gun through a loaded mall and don't hit anyone there's no foul? This guy's car was a loaded gun, just because he didn't kill anyone doesn't mean he did nothing wrong. 120 mph is a stupid speed to be driving and endangers everyone around you

Cops are trained to drive at that rate of speed,and the car can handle it :whistling:

great for them. I couldn't care less that they are great drivers and have great cars. Its not them I'm concerned about. How about the mother who has 3 kids in the car? Does a quick check to see nobody beside her to change lanes. Is she trained to expect somebody is about to pass her going twice her speed? What looks like a clear lane to turn into as you travel 55 mph is very suddenly occupied by an idiot. You want to go 120 mph? Buy some time at a track. Its hard to believe you are trying to justify this behaviour.