Falleye fishing with my Brother and Mike

mercman

I havent had the chance to fish with my brother Brian much this summer.Managed a couple of bass days, but i really wanted to get out for some walleye with him. I contacted Mike(Musky Mike) and set up a day.

We met at Mike and Marissa's around noon, had a good hearty meal, loaded our gear and headed off to the launch. We had really planned for some nite fishing beacuse of the local bite window, but Mike said that we would run and gun a few of his honey holes during the afternoon.First fish of the day went to my brother.Here we were, fishing walleye, and he goes and gets a P.B. smalliethumbsup_anim.gif Now understand, my brother is a bass angler.Same one that got me over 60MPH on water in his Ranger.So i figured walleye would be a treat for him.dunno.gif Turned out, his first 3 fish of the day were nice3-4lb Smallies.rofl2.gif

HPIM1875.jpg

HPIM1878.jpg

By this time, all i had was a very small Smallie.

A short while later, Mike got a hit, and passed the rod off to me saying Here ya go,a walleye for you.I started reeling it in, and by the way it was fighting, i said it must be a 10lber, but when i saw it flash to the surface and start rolling, i knew i had a Musky on.We got it close to the boat, and Mike said he wasnt taking it out of the water, cause it was wrapped up in the line.I aggreed, and him and Brian, carefully unwraped it and it swam off in a flash of white water.

We caught some really nice fish

HPIM1874.jpg

HPIM1885.jpg

HPIM1884.jpg

We decided to troll a spot that has been producing good fish.Just before dark.First 2 passes, walleye each for Brian and I, Third pass, a double header.Fourth pass, BAM, I said to Mike "Good fish on Mike"

It was starting to get dark, and it kept peeling off line.I would gain 10 feet of line, it would peel off 10 feet.

Now first, we are trolling cranks for walleye,using 10lb Power Pro, with 20lb Flouro and Mono leaders.Most of the time we have 100 feet of line behind the boat.I get this fish within 40 feet of the boat, and i see the line start swinging from the left to the right real fast.Mike got his line out of the way fast enough,but Brian wasnt as lucky.Then i saw it, another Musky. It came tailwalking out of the water, and danced over to my brothers line and then proceeded to knit our 2 lines together.In the mean time, Mike remained calm, and told us to reel our lines in together, and we reeled this musky to the boat.Again, we released it at boat side.Didnt even have to unhook it, as it had already ripped the hooks clean out of out small crank bait.

We fished till 9.30PM

Total for the Day with Mike and my brother

20 Walleye

4 Small Mouth

2 small Musky a 38" and 36"

Nice fishes and an awesome day with family and friendsclapping.gif So, does Mike get to do any guiding since he met you ??? Kinda monopolising the guy aint ya? sarcasm.gif

Nopebiggrin.gif When he invites me, we fish as friends, when i "BOOK" him, i'm a paying customer.

Thats why he handed me off his rod.Fishing guide protocolclapping.gif

Nopebiggrin.gif When he invites me, we fish as friends, when i "BOOK" him, i'm a paying customer.

Thats why he handed me off his rod.Fishing guide protocolclapping.gif

I hope he becomes a fulltime guide because he knows his stuff and does a really good job. Very informative and he's eager to learn more techniques himself to expand his own knowledge plus he's got a very easy going personality.

The pleasure was ours Mike. I know my Bro pretty good, and he was blown away by the fishing,and totally impressed with you. We are quite a pair when we are together ehwhistling.gifrofl2.gif

Got home at 11.15pm and was in bed by 11.45pm. I was bushedwink.gif

Edited by mercman